The ARC Company specializes in developing and selling a wide range of high quality scooters. Sales representatives report that there is a growing demand for racing scooters. ARC’s president, Robin Lane, is excited about the possibilities and predicts that one day these kinds of razor scooters will be featured in X-Game events. ARC is a small company and uses a strong matrix to optimally utilize limited manpower.
The Project Priority Matrix for the Blue Zuma Project is:
| |Time |Scope |Cost | |Constrain | |X | | |Enhance |X | | | |Accept | | |X |
You are a member of a project team assigned to develop the new razor scooter code named “Blue Zuma.” Table 1 contains information necessary to create a project schedule. For the purpose of this case assume the following:
1. The project begins January 2, 2008
2. The following holidays are observed: January 1, Memorial Day (last Monday in May), 4th of July, Labor Day (first Monday in September), Thanksgiving Day (4th Thursday in November), December 25 and 26. 3. If a holiday falls on a Saturday then Friday will be given as an extra day off, and if it falls on Sunday, then Monday will be given as a day off. 4. The project team works eight hour days, Monday through Friday.
Construct a network schedule for this project and prepare a memo that answers the following questions:
1. When is the project estimated to be completed? How long will the project take? 2. What is the critical path for the project?
3. Which activity has the greatest amount of slack?
4. How sensitive is the network?
5. Identify two sensible milestones and explain your choices. 6. Compare the advantages/disadvantages of displaying the schedule as a network versus Gantt chart.
Include the following printouts:
- A Gantt chart
- A network diagram highlighting the critical path
- A schedule table reporting ES, LS, EF, LF, and slack for each activity
|ID |Task Name |Duration |Predecessors |Resources | |1 |Product development project | | | | |2 |Market analysis |25 days | |Marketing (4) | |3 |Product design |40 days |2 |Marketing (1), Design (4) | | | | | |Development (2), Industrial (1), | | | | | |Purchasing (1) | |4 |Manufacturing study |20 days |2 |Industrial (4), Development (2) | |5 |Product design selection |10 days |3;4 |Marketing (2), Design (3), | | | | | |Development (2), Industrial (2), | | | | | |Purchasing (0,25) | |6 |Detailed marketing plans |15 days |5 |Marketing (4)...