SOWT Analysis for the marketing environment of Blockbuster Entertainment
• Ability to keep up the change. For an example when VCR (Video tape Record) were going out of style, they quickly move in to DVD rental.
• Brand Familiarity.
• Blockbuster have global network of stores.
• High quality products and Up to date Movies.
• Game CDs for all brand, such as Nintendo DS, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, Xbox,Xbox 360
• Offer movie Rentals and Video game rental.
• Partnership with Movie Studio.
• Still able to get new releases before Netflix & Redbox.
• T-Mobile Subscribe. For an example: subscribers able to buy and watch the latest movie releases right from their mobile phone.
• Bringing back late fee charges
• Poor Investor confidence
• Poor Management
• Dependence on bricks and mortar
• Late entry for online video rental
• Developing a strong online distribution
• Developing strong mobile phone Apps for all mobiles with different types of operating system. For an example: Symbia , Windows Mobile and Android
• improved customer experience
• Try to build Strong partnership with TV movie industry. Such as Wanna Bothers, HBO etc.
• Introduce more Blockbuster Express (Blockbuster express is the new Kiosk model) in to Shopping Malls and Supper Markets.
• Lower the price of DVDs and Video games to give a harder competition for the competitors.
• Introduce their own movie theaters with implementation of 3D next to the Blockbuster Store
• Downloading all types of movies and music illegally over the internet.
• Movie Theaters with the implementation of 3D
• Other rental store such as LoveFlim, NetFlix, RedBox (DVD kiosks)
• Cable TV, Satellite TV
Micro (Internal) Environments
Macro (External) Environments
Please join StudyMode to read the full document