I. The Introduction will present the study to the reader.
A. We will provide the definition of terms such as biosensor and implant, etc
1. The sensor is a transducer that converts the measurand (a quantity or a parameter) into a signal carrying information.
2. A biosensor is a sensor that uses a living component or products of living things for measurement or indication.
B. The authors will provide a brief history of the development of biosensors
1. We will enumerate a few medical alternatives used before the invention of biosensors.
2. Biosensors were first enzymatic sensors before being further developed.
II. The Body will contain most of the details regarding the processes behind biosensors.
A. Who uses Biosensors and what are they for?
1. It can be used to monitor blood oxygen
2. It can also be used to monitor key metabolites
3. It can also be used as screening appliances used by physicians
4. It can also be used as affinity sensors.
B. This part will explain the step by step process involved in the creation of biosensors.
1. A receptor is made to gather molecules.
2. It is then attached to a transducer that produces an electric signal.
3. The electric signal is then analyzed by professionals to be used for diagnosis.
C. There will be an enumeration of possible advantages of using biosensors in the future.
1. Screen printed biosensors are soon to become commercially available.
2. Biosensors could be used in the field of ergonomics, to make everyday tools less stressful.
III. This shall be the conclusion of the study.
A. There will be a short summary of the recent improvements in this technology.
1. Screen printed technology has made it production of biosensors much cheaper.
2. New materials used in making biosensors have made them safer and more durable.
B. We will reiterate the advantages and future possibilities of biosensor technology, or rather, our thesis statement.
1. The main applications of this technology will be restated.
2. The future possibilities will also be restated.
• To define and explain the concept of a biosensor.
• To show the step by step process of creating a sensor.
• To state the uses of a biosensor.
Thesis Statement : Biosensor technology is a technology used in prosthetics, medical devices and implants, which uses living components and measures them to be used in other devices.
In our modern day society, we have made great improvements in the field of medicine and electronics. We have been able to detect diseases and abnormalities in the human body. We have been able to monitor signals ranging from your heart rate to foreign anti-bodies found in one’s bloodstream. We have been able to correct physical disabilities and even fortify some malfunctioning organs. All these have been made possible by biosensors.
The technology of "biosensor" has been used in different kinds of applied technology but the concept remains the same. A biosensor is basically a sensor that uses a living component or product as an indication for measurement . In most cases, sensor is a transducer (a device that converts energy from one form to another) that alters the measurand, a measurable quantity or parameter, into a signal carrying information though every sensor is manufactured to carry a specific signal .
Biosensors were already used by humans in the past. Coal miners would use canaries as a detector for poisonous gases causing them to die earlier than the miners themselves. Biosensors were only...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document