Answer the Following Questions:
1. Q) What is the code range used to report debridement associated with open fracture? ANSWER: 11010-11012
2. Q) Name three methods of skin tag removal.
ANSWER: scissors, scalpel, tweezers
3. Q) Describe a keratosis.
ANSWER: It is a callus or horny growth
4. Q) Is it necessary to use modifier -51 for nail treatment codes? Explain. ANSWER: The nail treatment codes do not require the use of modifier -51 because the codes indicate the number of nails included in the code. Units are used to report the service of multiple nails. For example, when reporting the removal of 3 nails, 11730 is used to report the first nail, and 11732 x 2 reports the second and third nails.
5. Q) Name the three would repair services that are not reported separately. ANSWER: Simple ligation, simple exploration, and normal debridement
6. Q) Name four of the six items that modifier -59 is used to identify. ANSWER: Different session or patient encounter, different procedure or surgery, different site or organ system, separate incision/excision
7. Q) Adjacent tissue transfers reported according to _________________. ANSWER: the size of the recipient site measured in square centimeters
8. Q) How is the size of a repair reported for adults and children? ANSWER: The size of the repair is reported in square centimeters for adults and in the Rule of Nines or the Lund-Browder for children.
9. Q) Where are decubitis ulcers normally found?
ANSWER: A pressure ulcer is a decubitus ulcer or a bedsore found on areas of the body that have bony projections, such as the hips, ankle projection, heel, and the area above the tailbone.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document