B.A. (ENGLISH)DEGREE EXAMINATIONS, JUNE - 2013 |
Third Year 309UENT02 - INDIAN WRITING IN ENGLISH |
(Regulations 2009) |
Time: 3 Hours Maximum: 100 marks |
Answer ALL the questions |
PART – A (10 x 2 = 20 Marks) |
1. When does our country become a heaven of freedom?
2. What is the theme of the poem the election by sitatant mahapatra?
3. Two friends there were ……….. one mind one heart Explain with reference to the context.
4. What do women write about?
5. What is the role of dalls in the play ‘Hyavadana’?
6. How does A.K. Ramanujan picture the Indian culture through his poem small scale reffections on a great house?
7. How did the poet R.parthasarthy feel about Tamil Nadu after his return from foreign?
8. What is the theme of the poem stares by A.Jayaprabha?
9. Who kidnapped Urmila?
10. What is in return of Vaman?
PART – B (5 x 16 = 80 Marks)
11. (a) Discuss the significance of the title of Ramanujan’s poem. Do you agree that the
reffections are small scale?
(b) What kind of freedom does Rabindranath Tagore accept for his country men in the
poem “ Where the mind is with out fear”?
12. (a) Critical appreciation of Arun kolatkar’s An old woman”
(b) Bring out the significance of the poem The Election.
13. (a) Discuss the politics associated with the reception of Indian literarture in English
(b) How does Minakshi take up hes role as a feminist in the story A kitchen in the corner
of the house?
14. (a) Bring out the dramaticic significance of the sub-plot and discuss how it is connected
with the main plot.
(b) The Role of Padmini.
15. (a) What is the story behind The Return of Vaman.
Cite This Essay
(2013, 07). Ba 3rd Year. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 07, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ba-3Rd-Year-1808435.html
"Ba 3rd Year" StudyMode.com. 07 2013. 2013. 07 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ba-3Rd-Year-1808435.html>.
- MLA 7
"Ba 3rd Year." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 07 2013. Web. 07 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ba-3Rd-Year-1808435.html>.
"Ba 3rd Year." StudyMode.com. 07, 2013. Accessed 07, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ba-3Rd-Year-1808435.html.