ADDITIONAL MATHEMATICS PROJECT WORK 2013
THE HOUSEHOLD EXPENDITURE SURVEY (HES)
NAME : KUA YU CHAN
I/C NO. :
EXAM REGISTRATION NO: JA017K016
1) KUA YU CHAN
2) DHARSHINI A/P NEELA MEHAN
3) LIM HUI LING
4) SHEE HUI CHIEN
5) REGINA LEONG ZHI LING
We students taking Additional Mathematics are required to carry out a project work while we are in Form 5.This year the Curriculum Development Division, Ministry of Education has prepared four tasks for us. We are to choose and complete only ONE task based on our area of interest. This project can be done in groups or individually, and I gladly choose to do this individually. Upon completion of the Additional Mathematics Project Work, we are to gain valuable experiences and able to:
* Apply and adapt a variety of problem solving strategies to solve routine and non-routine problems
* Experience classroom environments which are challenging, interesting and meaningful and hence improve their thinking skills.
* Experience classroom environments where knowledge and skills are applied in meaningful ways in solving real-life problems
* Experience classroom environments where expressing ones mathematical thinking, reasoning and communication are highly encouraged and expected
* Experience classroom environments that stimulates and enhanceseffective learning.
* Acquire effective mathematical communication through oral and writing,and to use the language of mathematics to express mathematical ideas correctly andprecisely
* Enhance acquisition of mathematical knowledge and skills throughproblem-solving in ways that increase interest and confidence
* Prepare ourselves for the demand of our future undertakings and in workplace
* Realize that mathematics is an important and powerful tool in solving real-life problems and hence develop positive attitude towards mathematics.