SMK CONVENT BATU PAHAT
ADDITIONAL MATHEMATICS PROJECT WORK 2013
THE HOUSEHOLD EXPENDITURE SURVEY (HES)
NAME : KUA YU CHAN
I/C NO. :
EXAM REGISTRATION NO: JA017K016
1) KUA YU CHAN
2) DHARSHINI A/P NEELA MEHAN
3) LIM HUI LING
4) SHEE HUI CHIEN
5) REGINA LEONG ZHI LING
We students taking Additional Mathematics are required to carry out a project work while we are in Form 5.This year the Curriculum Development Division, Ministry of Education has prepared four tasks for us. We are to choose and complete only ONE task based on our area of interest. This project can be done in groups or individually, and I gladly choose to do this individually. Upon completion of the Additional Mathematics Project Work, we are to gain valuable experiences and able to:
* Apply and adapt a variety of problem solving strategies to solve routine and non-routine problems
* Experience classroom environments which are challenging, interesting and meaningful and hence improve their thinking skills.
* Experience classroom environments where knowledge and skills are applied in meaningful ways in solving real-life problems
* Experience classroom environments where expressing ones mathematical thinking, reasoning and communication are highly encouraged and expected
* Experience classroom environments that stimulates and enhanceseffective learning.
* Acquire effective mathematical communication through oral and writing,and to use the language of mathematics to express mathematical ideas correctly andprecisely
* Enhance acquisition of mathematical knowledge and skills throughproblem-solving in ways that increase interest and confidence
* Prepare ourselves for the demand of our future undertakings and in workplace
* Realize that mathematics is an important and powerful tool in solving real-life problems and hence develop positive attitude towards mathematics.
* Train ourselves not only to be independent learners but also to collaborate, tocooperate, and to share knowledge in an engaging and healthy environment
* Use technology especially the ICT appropriately and effectively
* Train ourselves to appreciate the intrinsic values of mathematics and to become morecreative and innovative
* Realize the importance and the beauty of mathematics.We are expected to submit the project work within three weeks from thefirst day the task is being administered to us. Failure to submit the written report will resulting us not receiving certificate.
On the completion of this folio, I wish to great fully acknowledge, by taking this opportunity to express my sincere gratitude to Cik Roesita for guiding me and my friends throughout this project. She had gave us guidance and help us until we understand what we supposed to do with the project work. Also thank to my parents for giving me kind support and co-operation and the oppurtinity to accomplish this folio. They also supported me and encouraged me to complete this task so that I will not procrastinate during doing this project work. I also wish to thank my friends especially Regina Leong, Shee Hui Chien, Dharshini, Lim Hui Ling and Sieo Wen Min for their guidance and useful suggestions that proved very useful in this folio. Once again thank all the people who have directly or indirectly help. Lastly, I sincerely thank all my parents who have always given their encouraging support and been a great help all the time at various stage of development of this folio.
The Household Expenditure Survey (HES) was first conducted in the year 1957/ 58. Beginning 1993/94 it was carried out at an interval of five years and the recent survey was undertaken in 2009/2010. The survey covered households in urban and rural areas. The main objective of HES was to collect information on the level and pattern of consumption expenditure by households on a...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document