1. 1st time troops travel by railroad.
2. 1st time telegraph was used to transport information of battle. 3. 1st use of submarine ("Hunley").
4. The "Hunley" was able to take out and sink a Confederate ship, but the soldiers inside died. 5. Machine gun and Revolvers were used.
6. The repeating rifle and the mini ball were used.
7. Hot air balloons were used for observations and spying. 8. The first time photography was used, though they were not action shots. 9. In the battle of Shiloh, there was a 1 in 65 chance of dying. 10. There was a 1 in 10 chance of getting wounded.
11. There was a 1 in 13 chance of dying from disease.
12. The North's strategy was to make a blockade and gain control of the Mississippi River to divide the South. 13. The North wanted to gain control of Richmond, Virginia. 14. The South's strategy was to defend the homelands and to hold on to as much land as possible until the North gets tired. 15. The Union achieved their strategies.
16. The Confederacy did not achieve their strategies.
17. The North wanted to reunite the Union.
18. The South wanted to gain recognition as a separate nation and preserve their way of life. 19. The North's color was blue.
20. The South's color was gray, because the original color, yellowish tan, became dirty and looked gray. 21. The Union's armies were named after rivers.
22. The Confederacy's armies were named after regions.
23. Robert E. Lee was the number one asset to the Confederacy. 24. Both sides claimed a win to the battle Monitor vs. Merrimack 25. The North and the South both thought that the war was going to be over with after 6 months. 26. Jefferson Davis was the Confederacy's president, a west point graduate, and an experienced solider. 27. Abraham Lincoln was the Union's president and a west point graduate. 28. President Lincoln...