Mrs. Sears 8th grade SS
The American Civil War Review Scavenger Hunt
Use the underlined sites to find the answers to the questions. (Place your cursor before the question mark and type your question. Highlight a word or words and link to the web site where the answer is located.) 1. Who was the president of the Confederate States of America? _jefferson davis___________________ http://www.sonofthesouth.net/leefoundation/Jefferson_Davis_Vice_Stephens.htm 2. became the first president of the American Red Cross.
3. President Abraham Lincoln was assasinated on __________(date) in Washington D.C. by _____________________? http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/alhtml/alrintr.html
4. Union General _____________________ was responsible for burning Atlanta and then marching his troops to the sea in Savannah. His fighting technique which destroyed civilian resources and homes as well as fighting armies was known as ________________.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherman's_March_to_the_Sea 5. ____________________ is best known for her role as leader of the Underground Railroad. http://education.ucdavis.edu/NEW/STC/lesson/socstud/railroad/whatis.htm 6. ____________________ became famous for writing the controversial book Uncle Tom's Cabin. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncle_Tom's_Cabin
7. NC's governor during most of the Civil War was _________________________. http://www.itpi.dpi.state.nc.us/governors/gov3.html
8. _____________________ was the famous leader of the Confederate military. http://www2.lhric.org/pocantico/civilwar/leaders.htm 9. _____________________ was the site of Robert E. Lee's surrender to Ulysses S. Grant on ____________ (date) after being cornered.
http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/1865RELee-surrender.html 10. This was the southern military fort that remained under federal control after the formation of the Confederate State of America? ______________________.
11. _________________ was the capital of the Confederate States of America during the Civil War. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederate_States_of_America 12. The Confederate Army first attacked the Union at Fort Sumter, which is located in what city? __________________. http://www.nps.gov/fosu/pphtml/planyourvisit.html
13. During the Civil War ______________________ was the capital of the United States. 14. ___________________ near Durham, NC was the site of the last and largest surrender of the Civil War on __________ (date).
http://www.ah.dcr.state.nc.us/sections/hs/bennett/bennett.htm 15.The ____________________ and _____________________ were 2 ironclad ships who did battle off the coast of Virginia in March 1862.
16. This battle was witnessed by spectators who brought picnics and watched the fighting for entertainment? ________________________. It occurred on ______________ (date). http://www.cr.nps.gov/hps/abpp/battles/va005.htm
17. 23,000 people died at ____________________, which was the single bloodiest day of fighting during the Civil War. This battle occurred on _____________ (date).
http://www.civil-war-battles.com/battles/Antietam.html 18. The ______________________________ marked the turning point in the Civil War, where the North began winning most of the battles over the South. It occurred on _________________ (date). http://americancivilwar.com/getty.html
19. Confederate General Johnston was killed at this battle in Corinth, Mississippi and replaced by Pierre Beauregard? ______________________.
http://www.civilwarfamilyhistory.com/new_page_115.htm 20. The Civil War was fought between the years _______________. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War
21.) The ___________________________ was signed by Abraham Lincoln on...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document