He’s let down when all of his action don’t give him the results he wants. Daisy Buchanan
She gets the attention she seeks and the guilt becomes too much; especially when the tables turn and she finds out Tom is cheating. Tom Buchanan
He loses his mistress and his wife begins to have an affair. Jordan Baker
Self-centered , dishonest
Nick leaves her forever. Myrtle Wilson
Distant to George and annoying with Tom
She loses her life in a car accident and ends up hurting George and Tom. George Wilson
His wife as an affair, he kills Gatsby and later takes his own life all after losing his wife.
1. The American dream is the common desire to be successful. Every American wants to make a lot of money with a high paying job, and all the luxuries of having money.
2. The media advertisement, salaries, and society match my definition because students and adults work as hard as they can get into the best schools, the best paying jobs, and all the luxuries of having money.
Elements That Make Up Jay Gatsby's American Dream
What is Wrong With Gatsby's Concept of the Dream or The Way He Attempts to Attain It 1. Lying
He shouldn’t lie to get what he wants.
2. Being rich
He didn’t work for it.
3. Woman of his dreams
She only wants him for the money
4. His house, car, and servants
Only to make him look good
5. Fake friends
Use him for his house and money.
4. Life shouldn’t be all about buying happiness. If Daisy wanted to be with him an he had real friends it should be because of his personality because of his fortune.
5. "I see now that this has been a story of the West, after all-Tom and Gatsby, Daisy and Jordan and I, were all Westerners, and perhaps we possessed some deficiency in common which made us subtly inadaptable to Eastern life."
“I found out what your ‘drug stores’ were....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document