Character Behavior Consequences
Self absorbedHe’s let down when all of his action don’t give him the results he wants. Daisy Buchanan
Careless, selfishShe gets the attention she seeks and the guilt becomes too much; especially when the tables turn and she finds out Tom is cheating. Tom Buchanan Firm, barbaricHe loses his mistress and his wife begins to have an affair. Jordan Baker Self-centered , dishonestNick leaves her forever. Myrtle Wilson
Distant to George and annoying with TomShe loses her life in a car accident and ends up hurting George and Tom. George Wilson
JealousyHis wife as an affair, he kills Gatsby and later takes his own life all after losing his wife.
1. The American dream is the common desire to be successful. Every American wants to make a lot of money with a high paying job, and all the luxuries of having money.
2. The media advertisement, salaries, and society match my definition because students and adults work as hard as they can get into the best schools, the best paying jobs, and all the luxuries of having money.
Elements That Make Up Jay Gatsby's American Dream What is Wrong With Gatsby's Concept of the Dream or The Way He Attempts to Attain It 1. LyingHe shouldn’t lie to get what he wants.
2. Being richHe didn’t work for it.
3. Woman of his dreamsShe only wants him for the money
4. His house, car, and servantsOnly to make him look good
5. Fake friendsUse him for his house and money.
4. Life shouldn’t be all about buying happiness. If Daisy wanted to be with him an he had real friends it should be because of his personality because of his fortune.
5. "I see now that this has been a story of the West, after all-Tom and Gatsby, Daisy and Jordan and I, were all Westerners, and perhaps we possessed some deficiency in common which made us subtly inadaptable to Eastern life."
“I found out what your ‘drug stores’ were....