Bajaj Auto- A Market Study
About the company3
Products in 150cc category4
BCG Matrix Analysis6
Porter’s 5 Force Model6
Market Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning7
Bajaj and its Competitors11
About the company
Bajaj Auto is a major Indian vehicle manufacturer headed by Rahul Bajaj. It is based in Pune, Maharashtra, with plants in Chakan (Pune), Waluj (near Aurangabad) and Pantnagar (Uttaranchal). The oldest plant at Akurdi (Pune) now houses the R&D centre Ahead. Bajaj Auto makes and exports automobiles scooters, motorcycles and the auto rickshaw. The Forbes Global 2000 list for the year 2005 ranked Bajaj Auto at 1,946, although it does not feature in the 2010 list. Over the last decade, the company has successfully changed its image from a scooter manufacturer to a two wheeler manufacturer. Its product range encompasses scooterettes, scooters and motorcycles. Its real growth in numbers has come in the last four years after successful introduction of a few models in the motorcycle segment. Bajaj Auto came into existence on 29 November 1945 as M/s Bachraj Trading Corporation Private Limited. It started off by selling imported two- and three-wheelers in India. In 1959, it obtained license from the Government of India to manufacture two- and three-wheelers and it went public in 1960. In 1970, it rolled out its 100,000th vehicle. In 1977, it managed to produce and sell 100,000 vehicles in a single financial year. In 1985, it started producing at Waluj near Aurangabad. In 1986, it managed to produce and sell 500,000 vehicles in a single financial year. In 1995, it rolled out its ten millionth vehicle and produced and sold one million vehicles in a year. Bajaj has grown operations in 50 countries by creating a line of value-for-money bikes targeted to the different preferences of entry-level buyers. Product Portfolio
* Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTSi.
* Bajaj Discover.
* Bajaj Avenger.
* Bajaj Platina.
* Bajaj Kawasaki KB 100 RTZ.
* Bajaj Boxer.
* Bajaj Caliber.
* Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi.
* Bajaj Krystal.
* Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi.
Products in 150cc category
1. Bajaj Pulsar 150cc
Product name: Bajaj Pulsar
Brand name: Bajaj motors pvt ltd
A combination of technology and engineering, Bajaj Pulsar 150 cc offers enhanced features like Digital Twin Ignition Technology (DTS-i) based engine, digital console, ride feel and chassis.
* Three colors - black, red & silver
* Smashing looks
* Mean muscular aerodynamic design
* Digital speedometers
* Fuel indicator
* LED tail lamps
* New design seat cowl
* Stronger alloy steel wheel base
* Smaller wheel radius (17")
* Wheel base (1300mm)
* Easy top gear driving
* Lesser gear changes
* Improved engine torque optimizing engine performance
* Engine powered to carry higher loads
* Instant pickup in any gear
* Easy drivability in city traffic conditions due to ExhausTEC technology * NitroX-Nitrogen assisted rear gas shockers give cushion feel * Lesser gear change
* Engineered for carrying higher loads
* Low speed & high gear combination offers phenomenal ride * Rip-roaring power without compromise on mileage
Mileage and Economy
* User reported 50-55 kmpl in city conditions
* Under highway conditions user reported upto 62 kmpl
* Petrol Tank Capacity: 15 Ltrs
* Petrol Tank Reserve capacity: 2 Ltrs
For complete technical specifications visit http://www.mypulsar.com/home_150.aspx?clkid=me2w_4df5f8e67278d&utm_term=bajaj_pulsar_150cc_features&utm_campaign=Ros&gclid=COWdpunnsqkCFQt66wodLWn0aQ
Bajaj Pulsar 150 cc Price in Delhi: 62,637/- Indian Rupee
2. Bajaj Discover 150cc