Special Interest Tourism
This course aims to develop your ability to manage different types of travel products, with a particular focus on special interest tourism. Builds an understanding of opportunities in such things as business tourism, festival tourism, cultural tourism, environmental tourism, senior tourism, food and wine tourism and much more.
There are 10 lessons in this course:
1. Sectors of the Tourism Industry
2. Types of Tourism
3. Accommodation Types
4. Cultural Tourism
5. Events & Festivals
6. Environmental Tourism
7. 7. Health & Adventure Tourism
8. More Special Interest Tourism
9. Visitor Management & Contingency Planning
10. Packaging a Tour
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
* To analyse tourism industry, to determine the various sectors which service tourism and travel. * To differentiate between different types of tourism on a variety of bases, including: demographics, geography, economics, and culture. * To compare a variety of different accommodation services provided in the tourism industry. * To describe the operation of heritage and cultural tourism, including: historical, architectural, indigenous, and artistic attractions. * Evaluate the tourism potential of events and festivals. * To describe the management of passive natural tourist attractions, including wilderness areas, beaches, rivers, wildlife etc. * To describe a variety of other types of special interest tourism, * To plan and manage the number of visitors to different types of tourism facilities and develop appropriate contingency plans. * To plan a package holiday incorporating a variety of accommodation and attraction options.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document