1. This project has a value of 15% of the total assessment. In addition, there is a teamwork component worth 5%. The teamwork mark will be based on the online self and peer assessment (see Teamwork Assessment section below).
3. Each group must submit one hard copy of the project and one online (soft) copy.
2. This project must be completed in a group of 3 or 4 students. The members of a group come from the same tutorial class. Groups have been alphabetically assigned. Each group is identified by a class number (e.g. Class 2796) and a group number (e.g. Group 3). Please check the spreadsheets in “coursProjectGroups” to see the group you belong to. Each group must select one person to submit the project. Each group should start their project cooperation as soon as practical. 4. The online submission deadline is 11:59pm, Wednesday, 8/ May/2013. Each group MUST submit the online copy to Turnitin on the course Blackboard. A link to the project submission will be available in Week 9. Only one member of the group should make the submission – that person must be nominated on the Group Cover Sheet.
5. Each group MUST also submit a hard copy to your tutor at the beginning of your Week 9 tutorial.
6. For both online and hard-copy submission, the project Cover Sheet must be properly filled, which includes the class number, group number, names and student numbers of the group members. 7. A late-submission penalty of 20% (3 marks) will apply for each 24 hours late. This applies to both the hard copy and the soft copy submissions. 8. For hard-copy submission, DO NOT use plastic sheets or binders. Simply staple the pages together. Do not submit loose-leaf sheets of paper.
9. Each student MUST complete a confidential online self and peer assessment by11.59 pm, Tuesday, 14/May/2013. Details about this teamwork assessment will be announced shortly. No marks will be awarded for this teamwork component, which is worth 5%, if the self and peer assessment is not completed by the deadline. 10. All submissions will be checked for plagiarism. The University regards plagiarism as a form of academic misconduct, and has very strict rules regarding plagiarism. Where it can be established that individual students are responsible for the plagiarism, those individual students will be penalised. However, where it is judged that the plagiarism should have been clear to the other group members, the penalty will apply to all members of the group. 1
ECON2206, Introductory Econometrics, 2013 S1 Course Project* Group Cover Sheet Check-list 1. Choose one member to submit the project: one soft-copy to be submitted online and one hard-copy to be submitted to your tutor. 2. Class number, group number, all names and student numbers of the group must be filled in on this Cover Sheet. 3. Each group member must complete the online self and peer assessment. Marks on teamwork will be zero if this assessment is not completed by the deadline. Details about the teamwork assessment will be announced shortly. Class: ________ Group: __
Full Name 1. (person for submission) 2. 3. 4.
* Your report should not exceed 8 pages (exclusive of this cover but inclusive of STATA commands and relevant output). Staple your pages together. Do not submit loose pages. Do not use plastic sheets or binders.
* Pay attention to the ways to report your regression results (Section 4.6 of the textbook).
Suppose you are an intern in a consulting firm that provides businesses and government agencies with advices on various social and economic issues. You are involved in the project of advising a pharmaceutical company that is interested in penetrating the market of Luckland (a country endowed with rich natural resources). Your supervisor, the project manager, needs some vital facts about the adult population of Luckland and asks you to answer the following questions.