BMAKT2201 • INTERNATIONAL MARKETING
CHAPTER 1 – INTRODUCTION TO INTERNATIONAL MARKETING
Noraizan Abdul Rashid Faculty of Business Management & Globalization Tel : 603 8317 8833 (Ext 8125) Email: email@example.com
WHAT IS MARKETING?
• Marketing Involves:
– Focusing on the needs and wants of customers – Identifying the best method of satisfying those needs and wants – Orienting the company towards the process of providing that satisfaction – Meeting organisational objectives BMAKT2201 International Marketing
WHAT IS INTERNATIONAL MARKETING?
• Different Levels of International
– Export marketing – International marketing – Global marketing
ENVIRONMENTAL INFLUENCES ON INTERNATIONAL MARKETING
Socio/Cultural Language Religion Aesthetics Values and attributes Social organisation Material culture Legal Local domestic laws International law Home domestic law Political Operational restrictions Discriminatory restrictions Physical actions
Economic Developed economies Emerging economies Less developed economies Currency movements BMAKT2201
Environmental Influences on International Marketing
Technological Satellite Communications ISDN Internet WWW The Electronic Superhighway
SOCIAL / CULTURAL INFLUENCES
– 2 Litre bottles too big for Spanish fridges – Pronunciation in China – Kooke Koula • ‘A thirsty mouthful of candle wax’
• Johnson’s Floor Wax:
– Made Japanese floors slippery
• The Japanese do not wear shoes indoors
– The white face of ‘Ronald McDonald’
• A white face is seen as a death mask in Japan
BMAKT2201 International Marketing
• "Future consumer markets will be concentrated in the fast growing emerging markets where small and large enterprises will find profitable opportunities to meet...