Ooi Soon Beng
Wild, J.J. & Wild, K.L., (2012). International
Business: The Challenges of Globalization
(Global Edition), 6th Edition, Pearson
Education Limited, U.K
1. Describe the process of globalization and how it
affects markets and production.
2. Identify the two forces causing globalization to
3. Summarize the evidence for each main argument in
the globalization debate.
4. Identify the types of companies that participate in
5. Myths that keep small firms from going global.
will continue to
World is Your Oyster
1) Leading emerging countries will
continue to drive global growth.
2) Emerging enterprises will become a
disruptive force in the global
3) Rising population and prosperity
drive new consumer growth and
4) Emerging markets will become the
5) Global influence grows.
As of 2012, the five BRICS countries represent almost 3 billion people (40% of world population), with a combined nominal GDP of US$13.7 trillion
(25% of global
GDP), and an
trillion in combined
(45% of global
Nano, priced at
less than half
the cost of any
other car on
The cost is
The Chery QQ is
a city car
produced by the
Johnson Electric (China) is the world’s leading manufacturer of small electric motors.
Lenovo (China), which bought IBM's PC business.