Business Research Proposal

Only available on StudyMode
  • Download(s) : 238
  • Published : December 17, 2011
Open Document
Text Preview
Business Research Proposal
Skyline University College

Etisalat; Customer Dissatisfaction Problems.

Talha Hussain Manzoor
Faculty: Dr. JS
Student ID: 6672

Business Research Proposal
Skyline University College

Etisalat; Customer Dissatisfaction Problems.

Talha Hussain Manzoor
Faculty: Dr. JS
Student ID: 6672

Business Research Proposal
Company

Etisalat Telecommunications.
Introduction & Company Background

Etisalat was founded in 1976 as a joint-stock company between International Aeradio Limited, a British Company, and local partners. In 1983 the ownership structure changed - United Arab Emirates government held a 60% share in the company and the remaining 40% were publicly traded. The legal name is Emirates Telecommunication Corporation – Etisalat is the brand name. With a huge list of services being offered which caters to Voice and Data include Land lines, Mobile services , Internet to Video on Demand, Etisalat has also moved into an advanced era of communications positioning UAE as amongst first 5 countries in the World and 1st in the region to have 3D TV. Fixed line, currently the Corporation offers services over the Next Generation Network, and has been migrating sections of its users onto the advanced network. Mobile telephony which was established in 1982, and became the first telecom operator in the region to introduce a mobile phone service, early adopters of GSM technology, and most recently, the BlackBerry service in 2006, Mobile users enjoy the excellent voice and data applications like WAP, GPRS, 3G, MMS, Push To Talk, exceeded 4.5 million in 2005 and reached a remarkable figure regionally and internationally, Etisalat has roaming agreements with over 520 operators in more than 190 countries, and even Etisalat’s prepaid mobile subscribers can roam in many of these networks. * Data communication services,

* Satellite phone, Mobile TV services,
* Offers telecommunication related contracting and consultancy services to international companies. Enabling the nation with basic telecommunication services, Etisalat also offers a range of innovative and modern services that have served to position the UAE as one of the most advanced nations in terms of telecom services. Internet and broadband penetration also witnessed huge growth during 2005. Having certain number of local subsidiaries including, E-marine which is involved in submarine cable installation, maintenance and repair, E-vision which is a cable TV provider. Thuraya provides cost-effective mobile satellite services in more than 140 countries in Asia, Africa, Europe and the Middle East. It was founded in 1997 by a consortium of leading national telecommunications operators and reputed investment firms from the region. Executive Summary

The research has been proposed in order to identify and provide statistical feedback of the customers to guide the attention of the corporates management towards an alarming situation of customer dissatisfactions. * The new products & services introduced by the company and the drawbacks of not providing the services to customers as per the standards of Etisalat. * The customer care center lack of education and experience in handling complaints and customer calls. * Under experience technicians and illiteracy of dealing with customers. * No cross checks of quality service providing to the customers leading to dissatisfaction. * The data collection for the research will be Primary type of data as well as secondary type, in order to compare the previous experiences of the customers with the current trends. The research will help the Higher Management of Etisalat to get to know the major problems the customers are facing. The reasons which caused them and what the customers are expecting from Etisalat the oldest telecom operator in United Arab Emirates. Problem Statement

The major problems of customer dissatisfaction is...
tracking img