BLAW 320 OCT 17
Can only a copyright the expression of an idea, not the idea itself. It must be a complete work. It must be something unique.
Work must be original and fixed in a durable medium.
Compilation of facts must be original.
Section 102 exclusions.
What about compilations of facts.
Whenever form or expression of idea is copied, infringer may be liable for both civil and criminal penalties depending on the facts. “fair use” exception to infringement if educational, news reporting, scholarship, or research.
Case 8.4 Leadsinger, Inc. VS. BMG Music Publishing 2008.
Page 256 257 you must know that law.( Fair Use Doctrine )
MP3 and sharing technology
Business process or information that cannot or should not be patented, copyrighted or trademarked. Protected from competitors
Uniform Trade Secrets Acts
Economic Espionage Act of 1996
* Can include customer lists, plans. Research, formulae, pricing information, marketing techniques. *
* Hacking into a competitors computer may be criminal.
* Next Chapter Business Organizations Chapter 14
* Reduce your time on that chapter.
* Chapter 18 Employment discrimination
* You have to know 3 laws on this chapter
Title 7 of the civil rights act of 1964
( Federal Laws, interstate commerce) all three have this
You have to have 15 or more employees
You have to have 20 or more employees
* American Disabilities Act
* 15 or more employees.
* what is common in all these laws they must be qualified for the job you don’t have a lawsuit. Because you haven’t got hired. These laws also pertain to the job interview and or promotions or if you get fired. *
* -There is a big administrative agency...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document