You should use this file to complete your Assessment. * The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk * Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly * When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference * Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 9 pages and is made up of 9 Sections.
Name: Peter Davies
Section 1 – Understand how to make and receive telephone calls
1. Complete the table below with descriptions of at least two different features of a telephone system and how / when they would be used. Feature | How / when used | 1. An auto-attendant feature | This feature consists of a centralized recorded message to greet callers and direct their calls to the destination number they want when they input the ext number | 2. Call transfer | The call transfer feature allows you to transfer calls from your number to another number on the same internal system |
2. Prepare a brief report; advising people on: * How to follow organisational procedures when making and receiving telephone calls
Answering a call…
- Prepare yourself and focus on the conversation
- It is good practice to have a pen and paper ready to take messages.
- Always answer the call promptly and politely. Greet the caller with “Good morning/afternoon
- Identify yourself and with the company name and branch, If the speaker does not introduce him/herself, say, "May I ask who's speaking?"
- Smile as you talk, (you can hear it in your voice too!)
- Listen carefully to find out the reason the person is calling and respond appropriately - - SECURITY--If