Four Seasons Goes to Paris
Case Study – Group #2
MBA 602 - Organizational Behavior
What has made the Four Seasons so successful for the past 35 years?
* Delivering consistently exceptional service.
* Operated, Not Owned => Organizational structure contributes to success. * Strong cultural foundation: local culture dictates hotel business culture * Golden Rule: One should treat others as one would wish to be treated. * Globally Uniform Standards: flexible in application
* Standard Foundations: Exhibits #4&5 – graphics
* Cultural Diversity & Singularity Quality Experience
* Employee Commitment to Global Standards
* Employees Deliver Intelligent and Enthusiastic Service * Learn from mistakes at The Pierre, New York
* Recalibrating Employees for Service
* Commitment to Local Business Ethics
In what ways does corporate culture play a role in its success?
* Commitment to quality drives outstanding customer service and satisfaction. * Happy employees means happy customers
* Recruitment and selection of employees is focused on right attitude. * Standard management practice with the able to break free as necessary. * Sensitivity to cultural standards still requiring Four Seasons quality * Chart – Exhibit #8 monochronic and polychronic differences in culture.
In what ways do human resource management policies play a role in its success?
* Golden Rule is rubric human resource policy.
* Don’t fire at will. Counseling for better fit. Relational mechanisms. * Attain of critical mass of calibrated employees to overcome resistance to corporate culture. * Use hotel opening task-force to drive successful end * Launch employee recognition program. Self-actualization in Maslow’s hierarchy. * Creating culturally penetrating policies to assist employees in conforming to Four Season’s quality standards. HR...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document