Unit 1: Statistics and Probability (Calculator)
Monday 13 June 2011 – Afternoon
Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
You must have:
Ruler graduated in centimetres and millimetres, protractor, compasses, pen, HB pencil, eraser, calculator. Tracing paper may be used.
black ink or
• Usein the boxesball-point pen. page with your name,
at the top of this
• centre number and candidate number.
• Answer all questions. in the spaces provided the questions
• Answermay be more space than you need.
Calculators may be
• If your calculator doesused.have a button, take the value of not • 3.142 unless the question instructs otherwise.
total for • The marksmarkeachthis paper is 60.shown in brackets question are
• The this asforguide as to how much time to spend on each question.
– use a an
• Questions labelled with willasterisk (*) are ones where the quality of your written communication be assessed
– you should take particular care on these questions with your spelling, punctuation and grammar, as well as the clarity of expression.
• Read each questiontime. before you start to answer it.
• Keep an eye on the question.
• Try to answer every if you have time at the end.
• Check your answers
©2011 Edexcel Limited.
GCSE Mathematics 2MB01
Formulae – Higher Tier
You must not write on this formulae page.
Anything you write on this formulae page will gain NO credit.
Volume of a prism = area of cross section × length
Area of trapezium = 2 (a + b)h a cross section h
Volume of cone = 1 r 2h
Curved surface area of cone = rl
Volume of sphere = 4 r 3
Surface area of sphere = 4 r 2 r l
h r In any triangle ABC b A
c a sin A
The Quadratic Equation
The solutions of ax 2