Synopsis of Elements of Life

Topics: Neuron, Nervous system, Blood Pages: 2 (355 words) Published: April 14, 2014
 Synopsis of: Elements of Life

Your body is made of elements, like everything else in the world, even the universe. Amazingly about 97% of our bodies are made up of only four elements, oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen. The other 3 percent is filled with 20 other elements, which are needed to live. Some of those elements are calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sulfur, sodium, magnesium, and many more. In the circulatory system, two elements that are critical to the circulatory system are iron and oxygen, without these two elements it would be impossible for the system to function. The circulatory system is an organ system that permits blood and lymph circulation to transport nutrients (such as amino acids and electrolytes), oxygen, carbon dioxide, hormones, blood cells, etc. to and from cells in the body to nourish it and help to fight diseases, stabilize body temperature and pH, and to maintain homeostasis. Iron is contained in red blood cells, assists in transporting oxygen from the lungs of your body to other cells. Also, two other elements necessary to this process is copper and cobalt, for the formation of red blood cells. In the nervous system, the two elements essential are sodium and potassium, especially in the nerve cells. These two elements maintain your brain to communicate with other tissues in your body. The nervous system is the system of cells, tissues, and organs that regulates the body's responses to internal and external stimuli; it consists of the brain, spinal cord, nerves, ganglia, and parts of the receptor and effector organs. Other elements that are important to the nervous system are calcium, chlorine, zinc, and magnesium. The skeletal system which compromise of your bones and teeth are mostly made up of calcium and phosphorus, these two elements give our teeth and bones their strength. The skeletal system is the bodily system that consists of the bones, their associated cartilages, and the joints, and supports and...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Synopsis Essay
  • synopsis Research Paper
  • Synopsis Research Paper
  • Synopsis Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks Essay
  • Elements Essay
  • The Wars- Importance of the four elements of life Essay
  • Essay on elements
  • The Critical Element of Life Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free