Subject : English
Do the following questions in your writing skills file -:
1. You are Rohit/Roopali. As President of the Students’ Council of St. Francis Sr. Secondary School, Bangalore, you have invited a visiting Russian Ballet troupe to give a performance in your school on the occasion of its Golden Jubilee celebrations. Write a notice in about 50 words informing the students about this event.
2. You are the Director, Physical Education of your school. Your school is playing against CPM School, Meerut in the Zonal Volleyball Finals. Write a notice in about 50 words for your school notice board inviting your school students to come and watch the tournament and cheer the team.
3. As the President of Leo Club of Temple Town, prepare a poster on behalf of Lions Club and Leo Club for ‘Diwali Mela’ to be held at Nehru Stadium, Chennai mentioning some of the attractions.
4. Times Eye Bank wishes to increase awareness among youth about blindness and the importance of donating eyes. Draft a suitable poster.
5. Read the lesson “Lost Spring’ by Anees Jung from your English reader. Using ideas from the lesson together with your own ideas, write a letter to the Editor, The Hindustan Times, New Delhi commenting on the issue of child exploitation and pointing out some solution to the problem
6. You are Ravi/Rajani, living at 5 Bahadur Shah Zafar Road, New Delhi. There is a acute water shortage in your colony causing great inconvenience to the residents. Write a letter to the Assistant Engineer of the Water Board of your area explaining the difficulties you face, seeking quick action.
7. Read the following lessons from your textbook
By Louis Fischer
On the basis of your reading of these lessons, make notes on them using recognizable abbreviations. Also summarize each of them in about 80 words.
a. Hound of Baskervilles - Arthur Canondoyle
b. The Lord of the Flies - William Golding
Write a book review on each of the above novel’s .
Subject : Economics
INTRODUCTION TO MICROECONOMICS
Very Short Answer Type Questions (1 mark)
Q1.What is economics all about?Q2. What is Microeconomics?
Q3. Give two examples of microeconomic studies.
Q4. What is microeconomics?
Q5. Give two examples of microeconomic studies.
Q6. Give one example showing the difference between microeconomics and macroeconomics. Q7. What is meant by an economy?
Q8. What is meant by an economy?
Q9. Define the term scarcity as used in economics.
Q10. Why does the problem of choice arise?
Q11. What do you mean by the production possibility of an economy? Q12. Define opportunity cost.
Q13. Define marginal opportunity cost.
Define marginal rate of transformation.
Q14. Give the one reason for a rightward shift in PPC.
Q15. What does the problem for whom to produce refer to?
Short answer type questions (3/4 marks)
Q16. Distinguish between microeconomics and macroeconomics. Give examples. Q17. Explain the problem ‘How to produce’ with examples. OR
Why does an economic problem arise? Explain the problem of how to produce. Q18. Explain the central problem of ‘what to produce’.
Q19. Explain the central problem of ‘for whom’ with examples. Explain the central problem of distribution in an economy. Q20.State reasons why does an economic problem arises.
Q21 Define opportunity cost and explain it with an example.
Q22 Draw and define PPC.Why is it downward slopping from left to right. Q23 What does a PPC show?When will it shift to the right?
Q24 Why does the PPC look concave to the origin?
Q25 Explain the shape of a PPC.
Q26 How is PPC affected by unemployment in the economy? Explain. Q27 What is marginal rate of transformation?Explain with the help of an example. Q28 Are the following statements true or false?Give reasons – A. An Economy cannot produce on any...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document