Analysis Health Club from the Functionalist prospective and what are the manifest and latent functions of a health club?
From the sociological language we can say that people view the society in many ways. Some view it positively and some may view it negatively. But in the society all the positive or negative factors are present. So from this point of view we can cay that there are 4 types of perspective. One of which said to be Functionalist perspective. Functionalist perspective: The functionalist perspective emphasizes the way in which the parts of a society are structured to maintain its stability. That’s mean that people view the society from the positive point of view. People says that even though there negative factors but behind all the negative factors there are some positive factors hidden. Here are some functionalist points about Health club
1. Make us health conscious
2. Help us to keep body fit
3. Maintain our food habits
4. Involve us in regular exercise
5. Give us mental satisfaction
6. It socialize young people into such values.
We can divide the functionalist perspective into two ways and they are as follows * Manifest function: Manifest f unction is open, stated, and conscious function. That means the functions which are tangible. They involve the intended, recognized consequences of an aspect of society. The manifests of the health club are bellow
2. Body building
3. Well provided with good machines
4. Good trainer
5. Clean and fresh environment
* Latent functions: Latent functions are unconscious or unintended functions that may reflect hidden purpose of an institution. Which are intangible to a person and only the service that we can gate it from. The latent functions of the health club are bellow
1. Make us aware about our health
2. Build up friendly environment
3. Give better service
4. Satisfy us mentally.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document