Part A week 6
• Resources: Ch. 10 of Visualizing Environmental Science , Declining Fish Stock VLR, and Appendix F
• Due Date: Day 7 [Individual forum]
• View the Declining Fish Stock VLR located under the Week Six Materials section of your student web page.
• Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper in APA format that includes the following:
o A brief description of the water resource problem in the video and how it originated.
o A management and sustainment plan that you think will benefit both sides of the issue.
o How your plan will be viewed, both negatively and positively, by the environmentalists and the fishermen.
o Other problems, besides declining fish stock, that result from fishermen’s techniques for catching fish.
o How your plan affects the community. Consider issues relating to jobs, resources, and lifestyles. Explain your answers.
• Use Appendix F as a guide when developing your sustainment plan.
• Include a minimum of two outside references.
• Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
• Post your paper as an attachment. Axia College Material
Sustainability Plan Guidelines
Your sustainability plan should present what, when, and how something is to be sustained and maintained now and into the indefinite future. Your plan can be submitted in a narrative or table format. The Corporation for National and Community Service (n.d.) provides the following list of components that make up a sustainability plan that should be included in your paper or table:
1. Action items: Provide the items or activities that need to be addressed or that need to occur. Refer to the following example: My plan for sustaining clean air in my community is to develop an education program about air pollution-generating activities and their effects, schedule a presentation day and time, invite community participants, and research the effects of air pollution.
2. Order of action items: Discuss how the action items in...
References: Corporation for National & Community Service. (n.d.). Sample sustainability plan. In Toolkit for program sustainability, capacity building, and volunteer recruitment/management (Section 4). Retrieved July 26, 2007, from http://www.nationalserviceresources.org/filemanager/download/online/sustainability_plan.pdf
Please join StudyMode to read the full document