a. Split £10 into the ratio 2 : 3
c. Split 50 sweets into the ratio 9 : 1
e. Split 2.50m into the ratio 3 : 2
g. Divide 56kg into the ratio 2 : 5 : 1
i. Divide 75 birds into the ratio 8 : 5 : 2
k. Split 3kg 600g into the ratio 1 : 2 : 3
b. Split £48 into the ratio 3 : 5
d. Change 250ml into the ratio 7 : 3
f. Change £6.60 into the ratio 5 : 6
h. Split £100 into the ratio 5 : 4 : 1
j. Divide 1.20m in the ratio 2 : 3 : 4
l. Split 1 hr 20 mins into the ratio 1 : 4
1. John has 36 sweets and he shares them in the ratio 2 : 7. How many sweets is the larger share?
2. Carol has 88cm of string and cuts it in the ratio 5 : 6. How much longer is the longest piece compared to the shortest piece?
3. Bill has a pile of 300 books. In the pile he has 5 fiction books for every nonfiction book. How many non-fiction books does he have? 4. Emma has 1.80m of ribbon and cuts it into 3 pieces in the ratio 1 : 2 : 3. What is the length of the longest piece?
5. Barry wins £8000 on the lottery, he gives ¼ to charity and shares the rest between himself, his wife and his children in the ratio 5 : 3 : 2. If he keeps the largest share, how much does he receive?
6. Peter has a jug of water. He pours 400ml into a cup. The ratio of the water in the jug to that in the cup is 9 : 2. How much water was in the jug to start with? 7. Jill has some sheep, they are white to black in the ratio 3 : 4. If she has 21 white sheep, how many black sheep does she have?
8. Barney has 20m of wood. He uses half of it to make some shelves and then he tries to cut the remainder into 2 pieces in the ratio 3 : 5. The smallest piece is 1m 35cm. Has he made a mistake? (show your working)
9. The area of Jenny’s garden is 15m2. She divides it in the ratio 7 : 3 and plants bulbs in the smaller section. If the bulbs each need an area of 0.12m2 to grow properly, how many bulbs should she sensibly plant?
SA tuition, www.satuition.com
Please join StudyMode to read the full document