1. Correct Psychology is the study of behavior andYour answer: mental processes.
2. Correct The processes involved in learning, memory, sensation, perception, and cognition are investigated by which type of psychologists?Your answer: experimental
3. Correct The scientific method isYour answer: an approach to gaining knowledge that relies on collecting data and hypothesis testing.
4. Correct Which of the following is NOT one of the enduring issues in psychology?Your answer: the Chicken-Egg problem.
5. Correct An hypothesis isYour answer: a testable prediction derived from a theory.
6. Incorrect The basic units of experience and their combinations were the foundation ofYour answer: functionalism.The correct answer: structuralism.
7. Incorrect Functionalists emphasize thatYour answer: research should be done through objective introspection.The correct answer: consciousness is a continuous flow.
8. Correct Consciousness as a continuous flow is an important concept toYour answer: functionalism.
9. Correct According to Freud, which of the following has the most control over our behavior?Your answer: unconscious desires
10. Correct What research method was used by Freud?Your answer: case study method
11. Correct Freud believed that adult problems usuallyYour answer: can be traced back to critical stages during childhood
12. Correct Which describes the Behaviorist school of thought?Your answer: Studies observable and measurable actions.
13. Correct Gestalt theory emphasizesYour answer: our tendency to see patterns.
14. Incorrect Which of the following was a prominent woman early in the history of psychologyYour answer: Mary JemisonThe correct answer: Christine Ladd-Franklin
15. Correct What do you call research that records behavior in its actual setting without controlling anything?Your answer: naturalistic observation
16. Incorrect In an experiment to test the effects of stress on performance, the independent variable isYour answer: the age of the person.The correct answer: stress.
17. Correct The amount of association between two or more variables isYour answer: correlation.
18. Correct In an experiment, which group does not receive the treatment and is used for comparison?Your answer: control
19. Correct Subjects in Milgram's studies were TOLD they were taking part in studies onYour answer: learning.
20. Incorrect Which of the following is specifically trained to assess and treat mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders?Your answer: PsychiatristThe correct answer: Clinical psychologis1. Correct About half of all psychologists work in which area?Your answer: clinical or counseling50% of all psychologists work in the areas of clinical and counseling psychology.
2. Incorrect A _____ psychologist studies the biological basis of behavior, thoughts, and emotions.Your answer: experimentalThe correct answer: physiological Experimental psychologists study our perceptions, behaviors, and emotions.
3. Correct A hypothesis isYour answer: a testable prediction derived from a theory. Yes, a hypothesis is a testable prediction.
4. Correct Which of these psychologists opened the first psychology lab?Your answer: Wundt Wundt opened the first psychology lab.
5. Correct Structuralism emphasizesYour answer: the basic units of experience and their combinations. Structuralism emphasizes basic units of experience and their combinations.
6. Correct Who founded Behaviorism?Your answer: Watson
Watson founded behaviorism.
7. Correct The tangible goods and the values, attitudes, behaviors and beliefs that are passed from one generation to another is Your answer: culture. Yes, it is culture.
8. Correct Research which observed behavior in its actual setting without controlling anything is calledYour answer: naturalistic observation. Yes, naturalistic observation involves watching a research subject in the natural setting.
9. Correct The research method used...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document