POST READING WORKSHEET
Pick out the meaning of the words in bold print.
1. The furniture could not have been much simpler: a very old chair, a rickety old bed, and a tumble-down table.
2. When his legs were limbered up, Pinocchio started walking by himself and ran all around the room.
3. His two wooden feet were making as much noise as twenty peasants in wooden shoes.
4. Geppetto looked like a good man but with boys he was a real tyrant.
5. The Carabineer ended matters by setting Pinocchio at liberty and dragging Geppetto to prison.
C. on hold
D. close at hand
6. You will grow into a perfect donkey and that you'll be the laughingstock of everyone.
7. But the Cricket instead of being offended at Pinocchio's impudence, continued in the same tone.
Identify the figurative language used in each sentence.
1. He quickly peeled off the bark and shaped the wood. But as he was about to give it the first blow he heard a voice say: "Please be careful! Do not hit me so hard!"
2. Pinocchio ran in leaps and bounds, his two wooden feet making as much noise as twenty peasants in wooden shoes.
3. "Stop laughing, I say!" he roared in a voice of thunder. The mouth stopped laughing, but it stuck out a long tongue.
Select the correct answer about the chapters read.
1. Master Antonio was called Master Cherry because ________.
A. he loved eating cherries.
B. he had a lot of cherry trees at home.
C. his nose was like a ripe cherry.
D. his complete name was Antonio Cherry.
2. When Master Cherry first started to use the axe on the piece of wood, he heard a far-away little voice that cried ___________. E. "Oh, oh! You hurt!"
F. "Stop it! Oh, stop it! Ha, ha, ha!”
G. “Ha, ha, ha! You tickle my stomach."
H. "Please be careful! Do not hit me so hard!"
3. When frightened, Master Cherry encouraged himself by ___________.
I. playing loud music
J. singing a gay song
K. lighting the whole place up
L. dancing to his favorite steps
4. The nickname Polendina was given to Geppetto because __________.
M. he had a corn farm
N. he always wore yellow clothes
O. his complete name is Geppetto Polendina
P. the wig he always wore was like the color of yellow corn
5. Geppetto’s reaction when people called him Polendina:
Q. He started to feel lonesome.
R. He looked embarrassed and hurt.
S. He become as wild as a beast.
T. He gave the people his warmest smile.
6. When Master Cherry gave Geppetto the piece of wood, ___________.
U. they gave each other a sound thrashing
V. he purposely dropped it to hit Geppetto's thin legs W. it slipped out of his hands and hit Geppetto's thin legs X. they shook hands and swore to be good friends for the rest of their lives
7. The best description for Geppetto’s house:
Y. The furniture was antique and expensive
Z. It was an empty room on the ground floor
[. The house was little but it was neat and comfortable \. There was a fireplace full of burning logs on the wall 8. As soon as he got home, Geppetto...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document