Unit 4 Assignment 1: Computer Basics Review
Chapter 4 Review Activities
1. You have created a simple electrical circuit with a battery, wires, and a light bulb. Which of the following is true about this circuit? (Choose two answers) B. The battery’s positive lead pulls current toward that lead. C. The circuit creates a direct current
2. A PC NIC and a switch port create one electrical circuit to use when sending data. The sender creates a (maximum) 1-volt electrical signal with a frequency of 1000 hertz. Which of the following facts are also true? (Choose two answers) B. The phase changes over time
C. The amplitude changes over time.
3. A PC NIC and a switch port create one electrical circuit to use when sending data from the PC to the switch. Which of the following tasks is a function done by the transmitter? (Choose two answers) A. Completes the electrical circuit by looping two wires together on its end C. Creates current on the circuit
4. A PC NIC and a switch port create one electrical circuit to use when sending data from the PC to the switch. The transmitter uses a higher amplitude to encode 1 and a lower amplitude to encode 0, sending 1 bit in each bit time. The bit rate is 2000 bits per second (2000 bps). Which of the following is true on this circuit? C. The transmitter must change the amplitude 2000 times per second. 5. Two nodes use an encoding scheme that cannot use one circuit to both send and receive data at the same time. The link physically contains two wires. Which of the following is a possible option to allow both nodes to send data? B. Create one circuit, and take turns sending over the circuit. 6. UTP cables can have up to eight wires inside the cables. Which of the following is the most likely reason why EMI from one wire does not affect the electrical behavior of another wire inside the same cable? B. Twisting the pairs together.
7. Which of the following facts are in common between both of the Ethernet...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document