Choose the one best response to questions as follow:
The miracidial hatching test helps to demonstrate the viability of: B •
eggs of Taenia species.
eggs of Schistosoma species.
eggs of hookworm species.
eggs of Opisthorchis.
After India ink injection, the gravid proglottids of which cestode contain seven to thirteen branches on each side? B •
A parasitic infection that may be diagnosed by the examination of concentrated sputum is: A •
Examination of stool specimens would not be effective for the identification of: D •
5. The incorrect match between organism and the appropriate diagnostic procedure is: C A.
Onchocerca volvulus - examination of skin snips
B． Cryptosporidium - modified acid fast stain
C． Echinococcus granulosus - routine ova and parasite examination D．Schistosoma haematobium -- examination of urine sediment 6.
Eating poorly cooked pork can lead to an infection with: A A.
Taenia solium and Trichinella spiralis
Taenia saginata and Hymenolepis nana
Trichuris trichiura and Hymenolepis diminuta
Diphyllobothrium latum and Ascaris lumbricoides
The adult tapeworm of Echinococcus granulosus is found in the intestine of: C A. Humans
In infections with Taenia solium, man can serve as the: C A.
definitive and/or the intermediate host
none of the above
When humans have cystic hydatid disease, the causative agent and host classification are: A a.
Echinococcus granulosus - accidental intermediate host.
Echinococcus granulosus - definitive host.
Taenia solium - accidental intermediate host.
Taenia solium - definitive host.
A helminth egg is described as having terminal polar plugs. The most likely helminth would be: B A.
11. A helminth egg is described as having a thick radially striated shell and the shell contains a six-hooked embryo called the oncosphere. This egg is: D A.
12. A freshwater snail is always a part of the life cycle in which of the following groups? B A.
13. Children at day care centers in the United States have a high rate of infection with which one of the following? C A. Ascaris lumbricoides
B. Entamoeba histolytica
C. Enterobius vermicularis
D. Necator americanus
14. The main anatomic location of Schistosoma mansoni adult worms is: B A. Lung alveoli
B. Intestinal venules
C. Renal tubules
D. Bone marrow
15. Each of the following parasites has an intermediate host as part of its life cycle EXCEPT: A A. Trichomonas vaginalis
B. Taenia solium
C. Echinococcus granulosus
D. Toxoplasma gondii
16. Which one of the following protozoa primarily infects macrophages? B A. Plasmodium vivax
B. Leishmania donovani
C. Trypanosoma cruzi
D. Trichomonas vaginalis
17. In malaria, the form of plasmodia that is transmitted from mosquito to human is the: A A. Sporozoite
18. Each of the following parasites is transmitted by flies EXCEPT: A A. Schistosoma mansoni
B. Onchocerca volvulus
C. Trypanosoma gambiense
D. Loa loa
19. Each of the following parasites is transmitted by mosquitoes EXCEPT: A A. Leishmania donovani
B. Wuchereria bancrofti
C. Plasmodium vivax
D. Plasmodium falciparum
20. Pigs or dogs are the source of human infection by each of the following parasites EXCEPT: C A. Echinococcus granulosus
B. Taenia solium
C. Ascaris lumbricoides
D. Trichinella spiralis...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document