1.1 Background of the Study
The development of the computer technology and network communication technology makes it possible for human’s society to enter an era of information. But nowadays, most of the computer laboratory is still in the primitive stage of manual management. This not only is extremely inconsistent with the development of computer science, but also wastes much of manpower and material resources, so it has been an emergent question for computer laboratory management to develop a Computer Laboratory Computer Management System and use it replacing primary manual management thesis is based on
Diliman Computer Technology Institute (DCTI) is a private, non-sectarian tertiary educational institution. Situated along Commonwealth Avenue in Quezon City, DCTI offers courses such as Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education and Bachelor of Science in Information Technology. DCTI ensure that the students are well teach not only by lecture but also in laboratory activity that is why computer laboratory of school should be always in good condition.
Maintaining computer laboratory requires man power and attention of the computer administrator that is why the administrator cannot fully monitor the laboratory which leads to computer problem such as computer viruses, improper shutdown, unnecessary browsing of internet which is not relevant for learning, and malfunctioning of computer peripherals. The researchers intended to create a computer laboratory management system that will help the administrator in maintaining the laboratory. The system is designed to do variety of command such as turning off client computers from server workstation, monitor the website that the students browse, send and received message from server to client in order to quickly assist student requests and concerns.
1.2 Statement of the problem
The following statements are the main problems in creating an Automated Computer Laboratory Management System.
* How to create a local area base system that will connect computers as Administrator and Users
* How to create a system that will automatically trace a user if he log in to a computer
* How to create a system that can, shutdown/restart/lock a user computer using an administrator account.
* Is the system is acceptable to the student of DCTI
* What structured query language (SQL) for database would be use
1.3 Significance of the Study
The Researchers intended to create a Automated Computer Laboratory Management System for Diliman Computer Technology Institute to help the school in maintaining the computer laboratory. Student. As the result of this research the student might work in the computer laboratory more efficiently
Faculty. As the result of this research professors can teach more effectively
Administrator. As the result of this research administrator can quickly monitor the usage of computers in the laboratory and determine a problem right away if there is a tendency of failures in the network.
1.4 Scope and Limitations
The researchers used Visual Basic 2008 for creating the system and Microsoft Access for handling the database. The system has two parts the Administrator and client, the Administrator can monitor the usage of computer in the computer laboratory.
* The Administrator can access some command in the computer in the laboratory * The Administrator can view how long a client has been using the computer * The Administrator has the capability to shutdown or restarts a computer * The Administrator can restrict websites which is unnecessary for learning of the students
* The system is operational assuming that there is no power interruption * The system cannot trace what website a client browsed * The system is exclusive for a specific workgroup
* The system is compatible...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document