The Bottom Line
Identify the key elements of the ANSI/TIA/-568-C Commercial Building Telecommunication Cabling Standard. Master It
1. Which subsection of the ANSI/TIA-568-C standard would you reference for UTP cabling performance parameters?
Answer: ANSI/TIA-568-C.2: Balanced Twisted-Pair Telecommunications Cabling and Components Standard.
2. Witch subsection of the ANSI/TIA-586-C standard would you reference for optical fiber cabling and component performance parameters?
Answer: ANSI/TIA-568-C.3: Optical Fiber Cabling Components Standard
3. What is the recommended multimode fiber type per the ANSI/TIA-568-C.1 standard for backbone cabling?
Answer: 850nm laser-optimized 50/125-micron multimode fiber.
4. Which is the typically a more expensive total fiber system solution: single-mode or multimode?
Answer: Single mode
5. The ANSI/TIA-568-c.1 standard breaks structured cabling into 6 areas. What are they?
Telecommunications room and enclosures
Entrance facility (building entrance)
The Bottom Line
Identify the key industry code necessary to install a safe network cabling system. Master It
What industry code is essential in ensuring that electrical and communications systems are safely installed in which an industry listing body is typically used to test and certify the performance of key systems elements? Answer: The National Electrical code (NEC) under the national fire protection association (NFPA) is the code necessary to ensure compliance to safety regulations. The Underwriters laboratories (UL) are a nonprofit product safety testing and certification organization. Understand the organization of the National Electrical Code. Master It
1. What section describes the organization of the NEC?
Answer: Section 90-3
2. What is the pertinent chapter for communications systems? Answer: Chapter 8
Identify useful resources to make...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document