INVESTORS IN EXCELLENCE
How it works
The Investors in Excellence Standard is a framework for improvement and assessment. The Standard consists of five essential elements of excellence:
• What matters most
Within each of these elements there are a number of indicators containing questions that form the basis of the framework. Mapping your organisation against the Standard will highlight your strengths and also identify further opportunities to improve allowing you to create a prioritised action plan and drive your organisation forward. In order to be certificated as an Investors in Excellence an organisation must then be externally assessed and provide satisfactory evidence against all of the indicators.
What Matters Most
Identify what matters most and plan to excel
The What Matters Most element of the Investors in Excellence Standard helps you define the core purpose and vision for the future of your organisation. By understanding the critical success factors of your organisation you can make sure focus remains on these activities and ensure business goals are achieved. An Investor in Excellence should excel in the following areas: • Mission, vision and values – focus is maintained on the most important things that will allow your organisation to excel • Objectives and measures – are clearly identified and aligned to strategies and plans • Markets and customers – products and services are identified and targeted to address customers’ needs and expectations. • Collaborations and partnerships – establish value adding relationships to mutually benefit your organisation and those with whom you choose to collaborate
Ensuring goals are achieved and that your people are part of the journey. Leading involves achieving what matters most by unifying the entire organisation and creating a successful where people constantly excel. The Leading element of the Investors in Excellence Standard helps you to anticipate changes and trends as well as produce sensible plans. Good leaders ensure that what matters most in their organisation is clearly defined and consistently achieved for the benefit of all stakeholders. An Investor in Excellence excels in the following areas:
• Forecasts and trends – ensures the organisation anticipates change and responds effectively to opportunities
• Strategy and planning – addresses internal and external factors to develop sound and secure approaches to the achievement of future goals
• Policies and objectives – identifies activities required to support meaningful strategies and plans that are aligned with what matters most
• Performance – monitors and reviews results to keep the organisation focused on delivering what matters most
• Continuous improvement - creates an environment where people are inspired and constantly strive for excellence
Effective resource management reduces cost and improves financial performance.
The Resourcing element of The Investors in Excellence Standard ensures all resources are managed and maximised to drive efficiency as well as achieve business growth.
The Investors in Excellence Standard supports you in selecting the right partnerships and these are designed to add value through collaborative working.
An Investor in Excellence excels in the following areas:
• Resource management – resources are managed efficiently and effectively to maximise your ability to achieve success
• People development – skills, knowledge and competencies are identified, developed and optimised
• Collaborative working – is effectively managed and adds value to your organisation
• Recognition and reward – motivate and inspire people to achieve high levels of performance
Create the foundations to build long term sustainability in your business The Delivery element of The Investors in Excellence Standard helps you focus on key polices within...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document