An informative speech explains something you're interested in or describes how to do something. Here are a few guidelines on how to write an informative speech.
1. In order to give a good informative speech first thing you have to do Is to choose a good topic, and if you are doing your speech for school, pick a topic you are familiar with. It will help you to be a better speaker.
2. It will be helpful if you will include things you do and like into your speech. But it does not mean that you have to talk about stuff you know, make sure to do a good research and try to find something new and significant for you and of course your listeners.
3. It is important to narrow down your topic, so you can be able to cover your topic in the time allotted.
4. If you are making speech about popular stuff like obesity, bullying etc make sure you do a good research and try to find stuff people might do not know, at this point your speech won’t be boring.
5. From your list of topics, choose one to develop into your thesis. Your thesis is simply a specific statement expressing clearly in a single sentence what exactly you're going to do.
The last significant thing you have to know is that thesis has to be as specific as possible.
1. Why is the topic appropriate for your audience?
In my opinion movies are part of our lives, everybody watch them, therefore I have decided that this topic is going to be interesting not only for me but also for the audience.
3. How is your topic narrowed to conform to the time limits for the speech assignment?
I am trying to be specific In order to narrow my speech and make sure that I make time.
4. What is your specific purpose statement?
5. What is your central idea?
6. How will you introduce your topic and what method(s) of gaining attention do you use in the introduction? Intro - How much work goes into making a good...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document