Unit one: Principles of personal responsibilities and working in a business environment
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference Then, go to HYPERLINK "http://www.vision2learn.com" www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 8 pages and is made up of 7 Sections.
Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information). employee's name
place of work
hours of work
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment. Health and safety
Contractual employment rights
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment.
The Working Time Regulations
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information. internal-line managers
-Books and documents held within the organisation
-P -Legal professionals
-Citizens Advice Bureau
4. Describe how representative bodies can support employees.
the best knowns support representative bodies are trade unions they suport emplyees by training,informing them protecting theyr rights
5. Identify employer and employee responsibilities for equality and diversity in a business environment. You should give at least two employer responsibilities and two employee responsibilities.
If possible, provide relevant equality and diversity procedures from your workplace (or place of study) to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections.
Employer must ensure that line managers appreciate diversity and aplly fair treatment to all employees disregard color,race,religion.Employers must always look for the positive attributes that people may bring to a situation. Employees have to be polite,respect the other people around him,must be willing to learn about people who are different,work with with them and treat them equal Employers and Employees have responsabilities to each other,they should also expect theyr rights to be upheld.
6. Explain the benefits of making sure equality and diversity procedures are followed in a business environment. Your answer should include one benefit for the employer, one benefit for the employee and one benefit for the overall organisation.
it will benefit for the employer that the organisation is more likely to attract talented people who want to progress, the employee can learn new things be more productive in a happy enviroment,the organisation may learn new things as well from people and can become more productive.
Section 2 – Understand the purpose of health, safety and security procedures in a business environment
1a. Identify employer and employee responsibilities for health and safety.
The health and safety at work act set out responsabilities and right for both employees and employers.Employers are expected to abide by a range of requirements governing such aspects as providing safe machinery and equipment...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document