1. A biome is a CLIMATIC and geographically defined area that contains ecologically similar plants, animals and soil organisms. These areas of communities with ecologically similar characteristics are called _____________. A. ecosystems
2. By what factors are biomes defined/classified? Check all that apply.
B: genetic similarities
C: plant structures
D: leaf types
3. There are TWO fundamental classifications of biomes. They are: 1. Terrestrial (land) biomes and 2. ___________________
A: Space biomes
B: Amphibious biomes
C: Aquatic biomes
D: None of the above
4. There are two types of aquatic biomes: ____________________ and __________________ Check the two below.
A: deep sea biome
B: marine biome
C: freshwater biome
D: river biome
5. There are 4 major terrestrial (land) biomes. Check the two that apply. 1. Desert 2. Forest 3. ____________ 4. ____________
6. Why are freshwater and marine biomes the most important of all biomes?
A: They are the biggest biomes.
B: They have the most varied species.
C: They have water which is essential to human life. They also have the ability to keep the temperature constant in the atmosphere. D: They are the least damaged biomes.
7. Which biome is the most diverse biotic community in the world?
8. The desert biomes cover approximately what fraction of the Earth's surface?
9. Tundra is the coldest of all the biomes. Which of the following are characteristics of tundra biomes? Check all that apply.
A: extremely cold climate
B: high biotic diversity
C: limitation of drainage
D: short season of growth and reproduction
10. There are two subdivisions of the Tundra biome: Savanna- grassland with scattered individual trees. Temperate- _______________________________ What does the Temperate Tundra...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document