1. Select a food product [packaged] that you would use on a regular basis.
- Lay’s Chicken & Waffles Potato Chips
2. From the label of the package select one ingredient (listed as an ingredient) that is not so obvious or commonly mentioned (ex. water, salt, sugar, flour, etc.).
3. Research *(see part II) that ingredient and answer the following:
a). Why is the ingredient included in the product?
-The are fats and sugar to make the chips taste close to the actual animal that we are consuming.
b). What harmful or beneficial effects does that ingredient have on humans?
c). Where does the ingredient come from?
-Comes from fats from different sources ( animals, vegetable oil, etc...) Triglycerides are found in foods and manufactured in our bodies.
d). Is there any uses of this ingredient in other products?
-Yes, especially in junk foods.
e). Discuss anything else of interest about this ingredient.
-Well, I am not surprised about this ingredient that is in this awesome chip. What else can you do to help the chip taste like chicken and waffles? I mean, if you want chicken and waffles, but dont want to eat the real thing, this chip does it job. Triglycerides are just fats and sugar, expect obesity, high levels of cholesterol and saturated fats.
-Losing weight, reduce trans fat in your diet, cut away back on alcohol, quit smoking, and become physically active, etc.. are some key factors to help fight against high levels of triglycerides in your body. Part II.
1. Make a list of all the steps (in order) you use in finding information about your ingredient. For example, after you have selected the ingredient what is the first thing you do? Continue with this process.
Step 2: I ate more chips
Step 3: My hands started to accumulate a lot of oils, so I decided to google "...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document