In my report I will discuss what I did as an experiment and what I hope for it to achieve. Firstly I carried out an experiment to assay the effectiveness that a range of disinfectants have on the growth of ecoli and whether or not it can prevent it from growing. From the experiment i should be able to see that some disinfectants have a greater effect than others do. From this I shall then draw a conclusion and evaluation on what was the most effective, and could there have been any contributing factors as to why they were unsuccessful. I will also include;
My method on how the experiment was carried out;
What methods I used to carry the experiment out;
Any issues regarding the method I used and the consequences of any flaws in my experiment; Overviews on the way I lay out and divided up my experiment to get the most accurate results; A conclusion as to whether or not my experiment worked;
An evaluation on what I felt I did well at and what I did not, how I could have improved my experiment and any skills I have learnt in conjunction to the experiment And most importantly what the experiment has shown/ proven/ not proven.
‘Household disinfectants are effective ’
In my methodology I will explain how I carried out my experiment, and the benefits and disadvantages to using that method and how could I have changed it to get more accurate results. First off I laid out a table from which I was able to use as a guideline on how to arrange the plates and section them off.
Quartile 2 percentage
Quartile 3 percentage
Quartile 4 percentage
Quartile code A: Control (just ecoli)
D: Flash all purpose cleaner
DQ4 E: Alcohol gel hand wash
Please join StudyMode to read the full document