Southern Fish Finger Sandwich
1 x 500g fillet of sea bass or red snapper
2 tbs. Mixed dried herbs
2 tbs. Cajun spice
½ tsp. salt
A few handfuls of plain flour
1 litre of vegetable oil for deep frying
200g of mayonnaise
2 tsps of capers, drained, roughly chopped
2 Anchovies, finely chopped
1 gherkin, roughly chopped
½ a bunch of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 x white farmhouse loaf
unsalted butter, softened
Handful of watercress
1. Cut the fish into 4 pieces, (approx. 2cm) with the grain of the flesh. Place the fish into a tray and sprinkle over the spice mix making sure it is all really well coated.
2. Place a large pan on a medium heat and fill ½ way with vegetable oil.
3. For the tartar sauce, place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Taste and season as needed then put to one side.
4. Next add the fish to the flour, along with any excess spice mix.
5. Shake off the flour and then carefully fry in the oil for a few minutes until nice and golden and crisp.
6. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on kitchen paper to drain.
7. Slice and lightly butter the bread, add a little watercress, lay the fish fingers on top (4 if they will fit!) then a good dollop of tartar sauce. Cut in half and get involved.
Rainbow Salmon Salad
2 small to medium size cucumbers
4-6 leaves green lettuce
1 apple cut into 12 wedges
1 carrot, cut into long, thin stick
½ mango, peeled
1 avocado, cut into wedges
200 gr smoked salmon
1. Wash the cucumbers and peel 8 or so thin slices lengthways from each one. Use the outer slice and for the middle one you can set aside to use in another dishes 2. Wash the lettuce leaves and shake dry. Divide each leaf into 2 – 3 pieces, discarding the central vein 3. To make the cucumber rolls, lay a slice of cucumber on a working surface and top it with a apple wedge, a few carrot,...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document