a. Introduce/Explain the Business Concept
Airtel is an Indian multinational telecommunications services company which operates in more than 20 countries. It has GSM network in all countries in which it operates, providing broadband and subscriptions television services, 2G, 3G services. Airtel offers end to end voice data, video services, mobile data applications and enterprise solutions. Airtel business offer network infrastructures integration and management with the combination of cutting edge global network infrastructures technical skills and world class services through a consultative approach. It aims at describing the human potential of any business by providing strength to employees to through its wide array of products and solution. Airtel is also known as Bharti Airtel Limited.
b. Describe the Business and personal background related to the company.
The name of the founder Bharti Airtel Limited company is Sunil Bharti Mittal. He made an agreement in 1983 with a foreign company to manufacture push button telephone models which became the first company to do so in India. Then they launched India’s first fax machines and cordless phones in early 1990’s. Bharti Enterprises went public in 2002, and was listed on National Stock Exchange of India.
Why did the student choose the company/motivation behind preference?
With a global network of 2 Lac 25 thousands Rkms covering more than 20 countries across 5 continents. Airtel business has established itself as one of the leading players in the business to business segment. A strong customer based of 450 carries and service providers around the world along with the top 2000 indian and multinational company enterprises is a testimony to its commitment towards superior customer service. Airtel is the first largest mobile operator in the world in terms of subscriber based.
Overview of the sector/industry in which the company is operating:
a. Which industry is the company operating?
b. How is the industry performing in New Zealand?
Products and Services being offered by the company
a. List of Products and Services being offered by the company
1. 3G: Airtel 3G services are available in 200 cities through its network 2. 4G: Airtel has 3180 4G-subscribers as of May 2012
3. WiFi: WiFi can be used on secure wireless broadband internet with unlimited usage. 4. Airtel Money: Using Airtel Money users can transfer money pay bills and perform other financial transactions directly on mobile phones. 5. Telemedia: Under telemedia segment Airtel provides broadband internet access through DSL, internet leased lines as well as IPTV and fixed line telephone services. 6. Digital Television: It provide direct to home TV services. 7. Enterprise Business Solutions:
8. Mobile Data Service
9. Android Based Tablet
Mission: To provide global telecom services and delight customers, free service delivery, innovative products and services. Reiterate the commitment to empower business by offering innovative solutions. Unleashing the potential of human capital in all business segments
Vision: Airtel will meet the mobile communication needs of the customers, efficiency, unified messaging, and solutions. To be the most loved brand by enriching lives of millions.
The organization has two distinct customer business units:
1. Business to customer (B2C): This unit will comprehensively service the retail consumers, homes and small offices by combining mobile, telemedia, digital TV and other emerging business. 2. Business to Business (B2B): This unit will consist of consumers business and market operations.
Company’s strength and weakness:
1. Lack of specialization
Introductions of Three Competitors:
1. Vodafone: It is the second largest mobile network operator in India after Airtel. Vodafone India launched 3G services in the country in March 2012. 2. BSNL: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited is an Indian state-owned telecommunication company. At present company’s market share plunged into heavy looses due to competition. It is the oldest communication provider in India. 3. Reliance: It is an Indian broadband and telecommunication company which is the 15th largest mobile phone operator in the world.
Products and services offered by:
Vodafone: Mobile working, Integrated wireless communication, productivity services, voice and messaging, roaming for your business, machine to machine solutions, 3G BSNL: Universal telecommunication services, cellular mobile telephone services, WLL-CDMA telecom services, internet,3G, TPTV, FTTH, Helpdesk, voice and messaging.
Reliance: Voice and messaging, 3G, 4G, digital TV, Reliance smartphones.
Strength and weaknesses
1. Combing fixed lines, mobile and data services to deliver a total communication package. 2. Offer a Unique spend tracker to pay bills analyze trends etc.
1. Prompt Decisions
2. Unity of Command
1. Autocratic Control
Marketing strategy used by the company:
1. Geographical segment
2. Demographic segment
3. People age group 20 to 28
4. Poor or middle income group people
6. Creating Brands
7. Adds and promotions
8. Low price strategy
9. Varieties available for different age groups
10. Various schemes for pre-paid and post paid customers
Conclusion and Recommendation: