Class: 4 Mesra
Enrolment: 27 pupils
Date/Day: 15th April 2015
Time: 8.30 a.m. – 9.30 a.m.
Theme : World of Knowledge
Topic: Care for the Sea
1.3 By the end of the 6-year primary schooling,
pupils will be able to understand and respond to oral texts in a variety of contexts.
Learning Standards: 1.1.4 Able to talk about related topics with guidance
1.3.1 Able to listen to and demonstrate
understanding of oral texts by: a) asking and answering questions
Behavioural Objectives: By the end of the lesson, pupils will be able to: CCE/EE(added values) : Brainstorming, contextualism.
Language Content : Noun: large,small,male,female,etc
Instructional Materials (Teaching aids) : word cards, worksheet, tasksheet, Previous Knowledge: Pupils have learnt about sea creatures. Anticipated Problems: Pupils may not understand some of the words from the text read by the teacher.
Solutions: Teacher use direct-translation.
STAGE / TIME
TEACHING / LEARNING ACTIVITIES
1. Pupils start usual routine by pick up
rubbish on floor, rearrange desks, and
put away unnessary things.
2. Teacher asks the pupils of the sea
creatures that they know.
(i) To arrouse pupils’ interest about the topic
3. Teacher pastes word cards on the black
4. Teacher highlights the words.
5. Teacher highlights the opposite words.
6. Teacher ask a pupil to match the word
(i) To promote the knowledge intended for the lesson (noun)
7. Teacher asks the pupils to get into
8. Teacher distributes a worksheet for
9. Teacher reads facts about sea
10. Pupils answer the worksheet while
listening to the teacher.
11. Teacher rereads the facts.
12. Teacher checks the answers with
13. Teacher distributes tasksheet to the
14. Pupils answer the tasksheet
15. Teacher checks answers with the
(i) To assess pupils understanding
16. Teacher summarizes the lesson by
asking questions about the lesson.
17. Teacher recaps what pupils have
(i) To consolidate pupils’ understanding of the lesson.