Pearson (Prentice Hall), 2007
Business Information Systems in Your Career
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the recent critical challenges facing Major League Baseball was:
a. poor coordination between local and national sales channels.
b. poorly managed sales channels.
c. outdated information systems.
d. decreasing ticket sales.
Answer: d Difficulty: Medium Reference: p. 3
2. The six important business objectives of information technology are new products, services, and business models; customer and supplier intimacy; survival; competitive advantage, operational excellence, and:
a. improved flexibility.
b. improved decision making.
c. improved business practices.
d. improved efficiency.
Answer: b Difficulty: Easy Reference: p. 6
3. Dell Computer’s use of information systems to improve efficiency and implement “mass customization” techniques to maintain consistent profitability and an industry lead illustrates which business objective?
a. Improved flexibility
b. Improved business practices
c. Competitive advantage
Answer: c Difficulty: Hard Reference: p. 8
4. The use of information systems because of necessity is:
b. improved business practices
c. competitive advantage
d. improved flexibility
Answer: a Difficulty: Medium Reference: p. 9
Which of the following choices may lead to competitive advantage (1) new products, services, and business models; (2) charging less for superior products; (3) responding to customers in real-time?
a. 1 only
b. 1 and 2
c. 2 and 3
d. 1, 2, and 3
Answer: d Difficulty: Hard Reference: p. 8
Analysis in terms of compare
6. Verizon’s implementation of a Web-based digital dashboard to provide managers with realtime