* General term for several disorders that cause nervousness, fear, apprehension, and worrying. * Considered to be a normal reaction to a stressor.
* a blanket term covering several different forms of a type of common psychiatric disorder characterized by excessive rumination, worrying, uneasiness, apprehension and fear about future uncertainties either based on real or imagined events, which may affect both physical and psychological health The Common Anxiety Symptoms
* Emotional Symptoms of Anxiety
* Feelings of dread without valid cause.
* Concentration problems
* Inner tension and nervousness.
* Absentmindedness and mind blanks.
* Intense/sudden feelings of panic or doom.
* Fear of losing control or going crazy.
* Feelings of detachment and unreality.
* Catastrophic thinking.
* Irritability or edginess.
* Restlessness and sleeping problems
* Physical Symptoms of Anxiety
* Stomach cramps
* Dizziness and vertigo
* Frequent urination or diarrhea
* Shortness of breath
* Hot flashes or chills
* Tremors and twitches
* Muscle tension
* Pounding heart/rapid heartbeat
* Excessive sweating
Anxiety disorders include:
* Acute Stress Disorder
* Agoraphobia without history of Panic Disorder
* Anxiety Disorder due to...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document