MGMT 485 - TEAM PROJECT ONE
Vanessa Emerson, MJ Garren, Denise Jackson, Corey Pierce, & Eric Ponce
GLOBAL AND GENERAL EXTERNAL ENVIRONMENT
* A rising immigrant population in the U.S. is expected to increase the demand for new homes, benefiting building material suppliers ("Lowe's Companies, Inc."). * Remodeling does not generate as much of an economic increase as the housing turnover normally does since homeowners spend half as much on remodels as they would if they were going to sell their homes. (Forbes)
* Here in the U.S. the Home Owner Managing Energy Savings (HOMES) Act of 2012 offers Federal rebates directly to homeowners who improve the energy efficiency of their homes (Conrad).
* In October 2011 the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) announced that it has begun looking at new potential table saw safety requirements to stem the tide of injuries related to the power tools (AboutLawsuits.com). * A class action lawsuit has been filed against Home Depot by consumers in Missouri alleging that Home Depot violates state law by collecting sales tax on purchases that involve coupons by charging tax on the full purchase price instead of the discounted price (Mirando).
* Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) companies such as Honeywell make it easier to save energy with their Wi-Fi enabled thermostats for home and office that can be controlled remotely from any internet portal; laptop, tablet or phone (Turpin). * Advances in technology allow consumers to get more done in smaller amounts of time. Builders are also able to finish projects faster with fewer manual laborers. (Lowe’s Case Analysis.)
* The home improvement industry is directly impacted by the number of new houses being built, which tends to affect the demand for home improvement products and building materials ("Lowe's Companies, Inc."). * While home sales are...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document