Take The Quiz
1. What is the setting of the story?
a) La Paz
c) San Antonio
2. How does Kino express his contentment in the morning after his simple breakfast?
a) He tells his wife that is was good
b) He sighs with satisfaction
c) He sings a song out loud
d) He writes a poem about it
3. How is the Song of Evil introduced?
a) the appearance of a snake
b) the arrival of ill tidings from Kino’s brother
c) a storm out at sea
d) a scorpion crawling toward Coyotito
4. What does Kino do when the scorpion stings Coyotito?
a) He immediately runs for the doctor
b) He takes the baby to the priest for anointing
c) He crushes the scorpion in his hands and pounds it into the ground
d) He joins in prayer with Juana
5. What does Juana do when the scorpion stings Coyotito?
a) She runs for help from the neighbors
b) She prays with the rosary
c) She begins sucking the poison out of the baby’s shoulder
d) She joins Kino in destroying the scorpion
6. Why does the doctor refuse to see Kino?
a) The doctor is a racist
b) The doctor is a classist
c) Kino does not have enough money for the doctor
d) All of the above
7. The doctor’s refusal to see Kino draws what immediate reaction from Kino?
a) Kino strikes the gate with his fist
b) Kino breaks into the doctor’s home to confront him
c) Kino whips the crowd into frenzy, and they protest in the streets
d) Kino writes a letter to the doctor
8) Coyotito is healed thanks to what measure?
a) Medicine from a neighbor is acquired
b) A hospital outside of town offers its services
...How do oysters make pearls? How can a mollusk be responsible for such beauty?Most...
...The Pearl by John Steinbeck In The Pearl by John Steinbeck,...
...An engaging novel has provoking ideas ‘The Pearl’ is a novella written by American...
...The Pearl The story “The Pearl” when taken at face value is about a...
...many ways, the village in which most of the story takes place, is a symbol of the...