the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
Which of the following types of organizing the information systems function would you be most likely to find in a small company with 20 employees?
represented within each major division...
set of integrated applications to address all aspects of the customer relationship.
Selected Answer: CRM
2. Which type of system would you use to change a production schedule if a key supplier was late in delivering goods?
Selected Answer: TPS
questions on 4 pages. Each question is worth 1 point. A correct answer is worth 1 point whereas an incorrect answer is worth 0 point. There is always ONE UNIQUE CORRECT answer per question
• To answer the questions, select the appropriate answer and mark the checkbox you think corresponds to the answer.
Major Systems used in an Organization
Organizations utilize different types of information systems to take their business decisions for
their operations. The hierarchy levels of the organizations in general are operational,
knowledge, management, and strategic. Accordingly, three main categories...
Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm, 11e (Laudon/Laudon)
Chapter 2 Global E-Business: How Businesses Use Information Systems
1) Operational management is responsible for directing the day-to-day operations of the business and therefore needs transaction-level information.
Forum. Please make every effort not to change the formatting of this Quiz. Thank you.
Class _____IT/205 Management of Information Systems_
TRUE/FALSE. Write 'T' if the statement is true and 'F' if the statement is false
1) The dimensions of information systems are people, organizations...
APPLICATION IN HOSPITAL
MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM
* A management information system (MIS) provides information which is needed to manage organizations efficiently and effectively.
* Management information systems are distinct from other information systems in that they are used to analyze operational...
Global E-Business: How Businesses Use Information Systems
Operational management is responsible for directing the day-to-day operations of the business and therefore needs transaction-level information. Answer: True Difficulty: Easy Reference: p. 52
The four levels of information users in an organization are Operational Level, Knowledge Level, Management Level and Strategic Level.
Strategic / Top Level Management:
Providing a detailed description of the nature of their activities in the objects clause...
regulators, and logistic partners.
Section 2.2: Types of Business Information Systems
At each level of the organization, information systemssupport the major functional areas of the business. Sales and marketing systemshelp the firm identify customers for the firm’s products or services, develop products...
hierarchy. Which types of information systems serve each level?
The three levels of the organizational hierarchy:
Types of information systems serve each level:
Operational-level systems: support operational mangers, keeping track of...
Questions & Answers for mid-term examination
1- List and describe four reasons why information systems are so important for business today?
- Capital Management
- Foundation of doing business
- Strategic opportunity...
major types of system in business? In typical organizations you’re familiar with, describe what role they play.
Successful organizations large and small leverage available technologies to manage business activities and assist in making decisions. They use information systems to collect data...
The purpose of this project is explore how information systemshelps organisations to makedecisions at different levels to achieve set objectives and strategic advantages over competitors .The team carried out research and debate on various companies, and agreed to focus on British Airways. Through...
DecisionSupportSystemsManagers and Decision
A decision refers to a choice made between alternatives.
Why Managers Need the Support of Information
Technology. It is very difficult to make good
decisions without valid, timely and relevant
Number of alternatives...
ICT IN MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS
What is System?
System is a set of interacting or independent entities forming a whole. According to Agboola (2008), a system can be defined as a set of elements that are organized together (structured) and related together to achieve...
MIS STUDY QUESTIONS
Q1. Information systems play a critical part in supporting company’s activities. Using specific examples, you are required to;
a. Define an information system?
- A combination of hardware, software, infrastructure and trained personnel organized to facilitate planning...
ISYS104 Tutorial – week 3
1. What are business processes? How are they related to information systems?
Define business processes and describe their relationship to business performance.
A business process is a logically related set of activities that define how...
INFORMATION SYSTEM DEFINED
The scope and purpose of MIS is better understood if each part of the term is defined. Thus,
Management:-It has been defined in a variety of ways, but for our purposes it comprises the processes of activities that describe what managers do in...
2) You would use an MIS to help decide whether to introduce a new product line.
3) Online collaboration tools eliminate the need for global firms to have synchronous collaboration.
4) Transaction processing systems are most commonly used by the senior management level of an