Comparing and Contrasting the ColonialRegionsEstablished in BritishNorthAmericaBritishNorthAmerica by the mid 1700’s consisted of three major regions. The New England region included the colonies of Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island. The Middle Region...
9) Compare and contrast the different colonialregionsestablished in BritishNorthAmerica. In what ways were they similar and different?
10) What was the Columbian Exchange? How did it influence and change both the Old and New Worlds?
11) What were the demographic effects of the...
of the following regions:
5. Analyze the impact of the Atlantic Trade Routes established in the mid 1600’s on economic development in the BritishNorth American colonies. Consider the period 1650 – 1750.
6. Compare the ways in which TWO of the...
concerns had more to do with the settling of BritishNorthAmerica than did religious concerns." Assess the validity of this statement with specific reference to economic and religious concerns. (1990, question 2) 2. "Although New England and the Chesapeake region were both settled largely by people of...
Compare and contrast Spanish and British colonization efforts in NorthAmerica prior to 1763.
Prior to 1763, both Spanish and British colonization efforts expanded into various regions of NorthAmerica. In less than a century, from 1625 to 1700, the movements of peoples and goods from Europe to...
colonial society in TWO of the following regions.
a. The Spanish Southwest b. New England c. New France
20. 2011b Compare and contrast the British, French, and Spanish imperial goals in NorthAmerica between 1580 and 1763.
21. 2012 Analyze the effect of the French and Indian War and its...
legislative acts upon the colonists, the revolution may not have happened or would have been at a later date. Because they were the driving force, this truly was the British revolution.
Prompt: "As long as the French controlled parts of NorthAmerica, they accepted the Native American population as...
Stono Rebellion (1739) (2003 B)
11. Compare and contrast the ways in which economic development affected politics in Massachusetts and Virginia in the period from 1607 to 1750. (2005)
12. "Geography was the primary factor in shaping the development of the British colonies in NorthAmerica...
Jamestown: first permanent English settlement in NorthAmerica 1607. Named after King James I of England.
iii. Sparked a series of cultural encounters with Natives of land, also shaped culture of future Americans.
House of Burgesses: the lower house of representatives in colonial Virginia...
enabled the Portuguese to establish fortified bases at several key locations in the Indian Ocean world
2. Compare/contrast Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch and British initiatives in Asia
Portuguese | Spanish | Dutch | British |
Wanted control over the spice trade | Outright colonial rule of the...
societies on any two nations outside of Western Europe and Anglo-NorthAmerica.
NAME: ______________________________________________ PERIOD: _______ DATE: ___________________________
CHART: COMPARE & CONTRAST TWO CIVILIZATIONS
, “The Challenges of African Growth3” commissioned in 2007 compares the growth of nations per capita in contrast to 1960. Each nation’s progress is compared from 1960 to 2004.
Corruption is incredibly prevalent in the Sub-Sahara region; this can be tied to the colonial powers. The colonial powers did...
empires with the imperial institutions of any one: Roman Empire, Muslim Abbasid state, Tang China, or the Mongols.
B. Compare and contrast a maritime with a land-based empire.
C. Compare and contrast the Spanish or Portuguese with any North European colonial empire.
D. Compare and...
world at all costs. Religion was clashing and many hoped for a new life, discovery, and rise to power.
How would you compare and contrastBritish, French, and Spanish colonization?
-Spanish conquistadors conquered South America and Florida and completely destroyed all Mesoamerican civilizations and...
distant Spanish state maintain its undisputed political hegemony in colonial Spanish America? That is, how was colonial Spanish America politically organized and how did that skim of political organization facilitate Spanish Imperial Control? (c) Compare and contrast the territorial and political organization of Spanish America and Portuguese America?
10. Map of the British Commonwealth of Nation, Colonial Africa and Colonial Latin America....
slavery was firmly established.
4-Consider and discuss the ways in which the character and composition of the black population and the institution of slavery in the Chesapeake changed between the middle of the seventeenth century and the early decades of the eighteeth century.
5-Compare and contrast the Spanish treatment of native peoples in the Southwest with relations between Indians and English settlers in the colonial American Southeast....
felt substantial effects on society based directly of the racial ideologies of their mother countries.
In contrast from 1500 to 1830, the regions of NorthAmerica and Latin America and the Caribbean were dominated by their status as colonial powers. The regions were under foreign European control...
making steps towards a form of self government
Larger sense of civic duty
Ruled by Britian
2) Analyze the cultural and economic responses of two of the following groups to the Indians of northamerica before 1750.
Two nations who had...
factors that influenced the relations with the Native Americans in each colonialregion.
1. How did religion shape the development of the New England colonies?
2. What role did geography and tobacco play in the development of the Chesapeake?
3. Analyze and compare and contrast family life in...
Rebecca Kessler HOTA Summer Assignment
Thielemann p. 8
For what reasons, and with what results, were European mercantilist policies applied in BritishNorthAmerica?
I. Reasons for Mercantilism
a. Wars caused Great Britain debt- colonies provided extra income