I Would Call My Home Life to Be...

Topics: Christianity, Jesus, God the Father Pages: 5 (1916 words) Published: September 24, 2008
I would call my home life to be peaceful, loving and spiritual, since its just my father and I living together we have built a really good communicative relationship in where we share our thoughts on different point of views dealing from worldly issues, to sports and biblical truth. My outlook on authority and discipline wasn’t too my favor a couple of years ago in my teenage years. Growing up with my father I had to experience a strict but healthy side of discipline in which I didn’t agree with having a rebellious, know it all attitude. My father having the authority to discipline me in simple things such as, cleaning my room and putting things back where I got them from, were actually baby steps onto following rules. Also commands which required more than just an effort to accomplish. Those things, which we thought to be an enemy, brought fourth character and integrity. In other words those disciplinary tests I thought were senseless prepared me for the order I would have to submit to ordain by our heavenly father. We worship the lord in common ways to do so with sermons and songs but our main source of worship is in discussion of Gods’ marvelous works of creation and nature. My father and I deeply acknowledge Gods’ work on the earth and we worship in squeezing an orange and tasting the sweetness of Christ, which may sound absurd to one who isn’t sensitive to things of the spirit. Recognizing and not taking for granted everything the Lord has provided for us is the true heart of worship. Christian living is like nothing this world has to offer. In that alone it says much, but to touch on a couple benefits I’ve experienced not necessarily living as a Christian because now a days there seems to be a variety of ways a person can claim to be saved not showing any fruits of conversion, but I speak as a young man who has tasted Gods’ mercy and grace at first hand and I would have to say that the blessing of the true Christian living is having the understanding of how weak and depraved we truly are. We can do nothing apart from God, and in realizing that it makes me cling on to him with every bit of passion that I am rewarded.

The behavior of a Christian, Id rather the word god seeker would be that of a person who acts, talks and behaves to the glory of god. For example I believe there’s a way a person can dance provocative amusing Satan himself welcoming lust and immorality but there’s also a way a person can dance and have angels rejoice. As far as smoking, I don’t believe god will shut the pathway to heaven for you. You’re just going to get there a bit faster than the next man. My beliefs on alcohol are quite different, no it’s not a sin to have a glass of wine but the frequency of it is. Alcohol, as well as tobacco causes a lot of lives every year. Alcohol in itself is not a sin in the bible the gateway to it is, which is drunkard ness, and we already know outside of the bible it impairs us and causes us to make bad judgment so as far as it goes we have to be aware of its deadly potential to avoid the consequences. Drugs are other weapon’s formed against us to try and occupy the void in our hearts that only god can fill. TV I’d say is about 85 percent corruptive in brain watching children, even grown man. The other 15 percent of what it shows is educational on channels like discovery and PBS when in reality there just trying to replace god with there theory of evolution so I pretty much just keep the TV off and save my brains space for real information. The Internet is another of those things than can be used for good or bad but it can be tempting for unclean chatting and pornography so I use it for nothing more than to download sermons and read e-mail.

I started hearing Christianity at a young age with my father taking me to small local churches and bible studies. The seed was planted and I then became a Christian, or better said showing the fruits of a Christian, repenting of sin some years later, after experiencing...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • I Love My Life Essay
  • My Life Changing Event Essay
  • my life in home and my life in chicago Essay
  • Reading changed my life Essay
  • Essay on MY LIFE
  • my life Essay
  • My Life Essay
  • challenge I faced in my life Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free