A STATEMENT OF INTERNSHIP
A. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO ACCOMPLISH DURING YOUR INTERNSHIP?
* Setting Personal Goals
* While in a structured internship program, its very necessary for an intern to set personal goals which I want to achieve. It can be deciding on what area I want to specialize or learning new skills or building up network. Whatever the goals are, I will feel greater sense of accomplishment after I achieve them. This will not only help me grow in the internship period but also enhance my career building options throughout life.
* Enthusiasm and Positive Attitude
* There will be many times I will not get the same kind of work which I want to do but no matter what, I should not lose confidence and my enthusiasm to for the work.
* Avoid Negativity
* The easiest way to demolish a good internship is being negative. I do believe in avoiding complaints, being rude, disrespecting peers, arriving late, leaving early, missing deadlines, appearing arrogant, acting unprofessionally and taking part in office politics. I certainly never disrespect even the clerks or the ground staff in the office.
* Learn More About Company
* I simply can not learn everything by reading the company profile on the website but to take participation in attending meetings, conferences and events. Many can raise a point that company meetings are boring for interns, but then we might get to learn a lot of new things. Learning the organization’s culture is the most important part.
* Asking Questions
* I always need to keep one thing in my mind is that Internship is a platform to learn more and more. While the employer expects to get a certain level of work from me, Its quiet obvious that I am not expected to know everything. Raising questions and seeking advice from the industry mentor that an intern should always do if he/she is not familiar with something. We should be open-minded and able to accept the new ideas which...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document