University of Mindanao
College of Criminal Justice Education/
Prof. hipolito B. Quilip Jr.
Marc Andrhey O. Mañacap
January 14, 2011
A government career with the PNP will mean many things to you: opportunity to make a real difference to the people in your community; variety of work and assignments; satisfaction with your career; and, pride in being part of one of the noble professional organization.
The police service is a noble profession which demands from its members specialized knowledge and skills, as well as high standards of ethics and morality. Hence, the members of the PNP must adhere to and internalize the enduring core values of love of God, respect for authority, selfless love and service for people, sanctity of marriage, and family life, responsible dominion and stewardship over material things, and truthfulness.
According to ( pnp.gov.ph), it is the PNP’s response to the call of the national government to improve the quality of life of the people. It is part of a bigger strategy that outlines the grand plan of the government in meeting the demands and expectations of the public through service delivery. By this, the deployment and employment of the PNP personnel require the organization and its members to bare their stand on the basic issues.
Definition of Terms
Deployment- (merriam-webster.com), to extend (a military unit) especially in width.
Employment- (merriam-webster.com), activity in which one engages or is employed
Inalienable- (merriam-webster.com), incapable of being alienated, surrendered, or transferred.
Professionalism- (merriam-webster.com), the conduct, aims, or qualities that characterize or mark a profession or a professional person.
Enforcement- (merriam-webster.com), the act or process of enforcing.
The deployment and employment of the PNP personnel require the organization and its members to bare their stand on the following basic issues:
1. PNP Image – The image of any organization affects the esprit d’ corps, morale and welfare of the members and sense of pride to the organization. In view thereof, all members of the PNP should conduct themselves in a manner that would not place the PNP in bad light.
2. Career Management, the Key to Professionalism – The Proper implementation of the PNP’s Career Management will greatly enhance the personnel professionalization process with regards to procurement, training, promotion, assignment, placement, awards and retirement.
3. Police Management Leadership – The effectiveness of law enforcement is reflective of the managerial capabilities and competent leadership of the men and women who run the PNP organization.
4. Equality In the Service – There shall be judicious and equitable distribution of opportunity to prove one’s worth in the police service.
5. Delicadeza- In consonance with the requirements of honor and integrity in the PNP, all members must have the moral courage to sacrifice self-interest in keeping with the time-honored principle of delicadeza.
6. Police Lifestyle- The PNP shall promote and maintain a lifestyle for its members which the public will find credible and respectable. The public expects a police officer to live a simple and dignified life. They must be free from greed corruption and exploitation.
7. Political Patronage- PNPP members shall inhibit themselves from soliciting political patronage on matters pertaining to assignment, award,, training and promotion.
8. Human Rights- All PNP members must respect and protect human dignity and man’s inalienable rights to life, liberty and property.
9. Setting Example- All PNP members shall set good example to their subordinates and follow good example from the superiors.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document