Due Date: Monday 27th May 2013
(Due between: 8.30am – 4pm)
SIBT Front Office (Ryde or City Campus)
Your job is to complete one of the following research questions: (Please remember that you are to only answer one question) 1) The digital divide is a gap many influential bodies are trying to close. How many so called solutions have actually worked and have successfully made permanent positive change in a region. Use supportive evidence in your argument.
2) ISYS100 was designed to help students see how Information Technology has made our society today; explain how this has impacted our daily lives.
3) The information revolution of the last decade has meant that there are so many more powered devices in our homes and lives. At what cost is this increase to our environment? Furthermore, are there any companies or organisations trying to offset this somehow?
4) Discuss how Blogs and Social Networking have altered our daily usage of the internet and the World Wide Web.
5) Google is a company that has created a road map for what IT companies should be like; explain how Google can be considered to be one of the world’s best companies and at the same time one of the world’s most secretive organisations.
6) Throughout the world there has been an increase in discussions regarding “Censorship of the Internet”, explain how Censorship can work in some instances but in others it can be a detriment to society.
7) We live in a world where the internet plays a pinnacle role in our day to day lives. Discuss how the internet has caused an ethical debate on our information privacy.
You will need to submit your paper to turnitin before submitting it in hard copy to the sibt office.
Remember your research paper must be your own work. Therefore, your research paper must be submitted to Turnitin at www.turnitin.com. I have sent you a pdf file with a basic guide to turn it in....