Section 1: Introduction and Background
Green energy can be referred as energy production that is not just better than fossil fuel but this energy is friendly to the environment also. Green energy comes from natural sources as sunlight, wind, rain, tides, plants, algae and geothermal heat. Waste incineration also can be a source of green energy. Green energy is often outlined as power source that do not pollute and are replenish-able. Green energy is very good to replace fossil fuels that take millions of years to develop again. There are many classes of green energy like wind energy, geothermal power, hydropower, biomass power, solar electricity and wave power. Hybrid vehicle is a technology that can be driven by using electric that is a very good of green energy consumption but it is still have to use fuels. Even though it have to use fuel, it is much better than normal car that used fully fuels to move the car. In other words, green energy can replace fossil fuels in all major areas of use including electricity, water and space heating and fuel for motor vehicles.
Green energy is a better way to choose than fossil fuels or natural gases for any major areas because of green energy is completely renewable and the most important is friendly to the environment to save the world from polluted. They are many classes of green energy production. In this report there are questionnaires have been prepared and data have been collected to examine the important of green innovations to the people whether they concern or knowing about green energy.
These are the 5 innovations of green energy production and consumption. 1. Wind turbine
* It is a device that converts kinetic energy from the wind energy into mechanical energy. It is a process called wind power. * It is a long-term energy strategy because this technology uses natural source of power. * This innovation does not cause air, soil, or water pollution. * This innovation is totally different with other renewable energy sources such as nuclear power, which produce a large amount of hard-to-manage waste.
* It is a process where biological material from plants or plant-derived materials converted into another type of energy such as biofuel. * Biomass can be converted to energy in three ways: Thermal conversion, chemical conversion and biochemical conversion. * This method holds a promise of reducing carbon dioxide emissions which is a contributor to global warming.
3. Solar panel
* It is a device where light energy from the sun converted into electricity through the photovoltaic effect. * The power source of the sun is absolutely free.
* The production of solar energy produces no pollution.
* Does not require any maintenance during their lifespan of 30 to 40 years. * The technology advancements in solar systems have made them extremely cost effective.
* It is a barrier that impounds water or underground streams. * It is a process where the pressure of water flow to gravity converted into electricity using hydropower or pumped storage hydroelectricity. * Dams does not just help create power and electricity from water, but it also gather drinking water for people, help farmers bring water to their farms, keep ares from flooding and create lakes for people to swim in and sail on.
5. Hybrid vehicle
* It is a vehicle that uses two or more distinct power sources like fuel and electric to move the vehicle. * It is a combination of internal combustion engine and one or more electric motor. * Hybrids are environmentally friendly.
* Hybrids also have a lower running cost.
* Nowadays, hybrids are nor very expensive to but because of road tax breaks from the government.
Section 2: Discussion of Current Issues
Green energy is very important in daily life to keep the world in good condition but not every country practice using...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document